36

The day had finally come for Seungmin and Connor to be discharged from the hospital. After sharing Seungmin's memories last night the four boys slept soundly. Seungmin was happy that he had people that understood his experience now. He knew it would take a while, but he was ready to begin his recovery and he was confident it had already started. All of them were awake and Seungmin and Connor had just received their final check form the doctor allowing them to leave.

"I am so ready to get out of here, If I have to eat one more hospital meal I may actually die despite the doctor's best efforts." Connor whines to the other three boys.

"You were here for three days. Don't you think you are being a bit dramatic?" Hyunjin asks 

"Well, I did learn from the best." Connor retorts.

Seungmin and Felix both laugh at the bickering of the two males. Their laughter is interrupted by the arrival of Gracie, Brandi, and Brittney.

"I see you two have been recovering well." Gracie smiles as she enters.

"You think they'd stay here forever or something?" Brandi jokingly jabs at Gracie.

"No, I was just saying... oh nevermind."

Smiles fill the room until Connor's eyes land on Brittney and his smile immediately leaves his face.

"You and I need to talk." He says as he grabs her wrist and pulls her out into the hallway while the others in the room look on at the two in confusion.

"Hey, what the heck?" Brittney says angrily.

"Why didn't you tell me one of your sources was Jaemin. I'm an idiot for not realizing it sooner. I thought you had just guessed but no, he told you about my crush on Hyunjin. He was the only person that knew." Connor's voice was cold and sharp.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Brittney backs away with a nervous look on her face.

Anger began to build in Connor's chest. "Don't you dare play coy with me! I shared Seungmin's memories last night. Jaemin told Seungmin about my crush the night he was taken. He manipulated him into going to Hyunjin and I at the river and thinking Hyunjin loved me instead of him. There was a kitsune with him that I am willing to bet was the one that tortured him disguised as Hyunjin. Are you listening right now? Seungmin was tortured and could have been killed and Jaemin had something to do with it! What was your deal with him?"

"I... I..." Brittney began to stutter.

"The truth!" Connor's eyes began to glow in his rage and Brittney gave in.

"Okay yes, he was one of my sources. He would provide me with info I couldn't get anywhere else. All I had to do share any other interesting info I got from other sources with him."

"Such as?"

"Council info from my mom, gossip on the heirs or councilmembers. Occasionally the heirs plans for a given day. I didn't think anything of it, I thought he was just another heir into gossip and info like me. I had no idea he would be involved in this."

"You had nothing to do with what happened to Seungmin?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing at all. What happened to him was disgusting, it should never happen to anyone. If Jaemin is responsible.." Brittney pauses. "Let's just say I don't like being played."

"Guys is everything alright?" Gracie walked out to check on the two.

Connor gives Brittney one last angry look before walking back into the room. "Everything's fine."

When Connor enters the room again he finds that Hyunjin and Sengmin's dads have arrived and Hyunjin, Felix and Seungmin are talking amongst themselves with smiles on their faces.