[19] Demon - Intrulogical

Remus grinned and looked at the circle he'd drawn on the floor

Remus grinned and looked at the circle he'd drawn on the floor. He'd used up almost all of his red ink trying to draw it. He'd drawn the well-known circle with a star in the centre too many times to count. He just really liked how it looked.

He had notebooks full of it, and he didn't really think anything of it, not when nothing seemed to happen. But he'd looked it up and he had found that one was supposed to put things in each of the points of the star if they wanted to summon someone.

So, Remus had collected a stack of books, a pair of glasses, A tie, a pot of pants and pencils, and a map of the galaxy. He wasn't sure what kind of a nerd he would summon, but he really wanted a cute nerd boyfriend.

He lit the candles around the circle and waited. He wasn't really sure what he was supposed to do, or if he was supposed to wait or actively say something. He sat on the floor, watching the centre, trying to focus on whatever could happen.

After a few hours of waiting, a seemingly normal person arrived in the middle of the star. He was in a black polo shirt and a blue tie. His hair was a dark brown, swept back off his face. He wore glasses, and had piercing green eyes. The only think that gave away that he wasn't fully human was the red tail that flicked behind him, and the horns atop his head.

"Holy shit it worked..." Remus stood up and walked slightly closer to him, reaching out. "What are you? Are you male? What the hell..."

"I am a demon, though I suppose you should know that since you summoned me via pentagram. Though by your confusion, I don't think you understood what you were doing.... Also, yes. I am male."

Remus grinned and poked his arm, looking him up and down. "Does it always take a few hours for a demon to show up? Who would I have summoned if I changed the books for CDs? Is there an emo demon? A D-emo-n... Heh..." He laughed to himself and got closer to the demon.

The demon sighed and pushed his glasses up. "Yes, it can take that long. More often than not one of us is out on another call and we can't be there right away. You'd be surprised at how many people summon nerds. Usually they don't put the tie though, which makes it more difficult to figure out who to send. Though if you had changed the books for CDs, my friend would have arrived. He is a classy demon. As for the emo question, yes. There are 'emo demons' I suppose. Virgil, my friend, would have shows if you'd made this black and purple. Eye shadow, music, headphones, a hoodie, you get the picture..."

"That's awesome! Who is your classy friend?" Remus leaned closer, wanting to know everything. "Tell me more! What's it like? Where are you from? How did you become a demon?"

"Janus. He would have shown if you'd put classical music down. Or even jazz. What is what like? You have to be more specific. I'm from hell, where all the demons are. I'll leave you to guess how I got there."

"You're so nerdy! I like you. Oh! What dirty facts do you know? Tell me stuff! What's hell like? What's being a demon like?"

"Why don't you google these things, there's plenty of information online. Now, if you're finished messing around, I must be off."

"What's your name!"

"Demons don't have names. We have a number. Though if you wish, you can give me a name. My number is 12157114."

Within moments, the demon was gone from Remus' basement leaving him with the number ringing in his head. 12157114.

The numbers could correspond with a letter. 12. L. 15. O. 7. G. 1. A. 14. N. Logan. The demon was called Logan! He'd definitely summon Him again and tell him the name he came up with. Instead of doing it right away, he put out the candles and cleaned up the items, before going upstairs and lying down. The demon was really cute... He definitely had a crush on the demon.

A few days later, Remus put the same few items in the pentagram, and sat back with a magazine. He laughed at a few of the images, loving how dark some got. He sat and waited for the demon to show again.

He looked up as the demon showed again. "Oh, it's you. Why am I not surprised. What do you want?"

"I gave it some thought. Your name. You have three pairs of numbers and two single numbers that align with the alphabet and make an actual name. Logan. 12 15 7 1 14. L O G A N."

Logan nodded and smiled. "That's some pretty good brain use. Better than whatever you're feeding it." He pointed to the magazine.

"I have a question for you." Remus stood up and moved over to him.

"Okay. Go ahead."

"Is it wrong for a demon to be with a human?"

"Not especially, why?"

"Well I think I like you."

"You don't know me?"

"I know. But I like that! You're attractive, mysterious, and a demon. Who the hell doesn't want that?"

"Any normal person?"

"That's boring. I want to go on a date with you. Please say yes."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Logan looked at his watch. "I have to go. I don't get anymore out of pentagram time for another week. Summon me then and I'll accompany you on your date or whatever. But this doesn't mean anything. I don't like you."

"I know. But you will! And just so you know, I'd die for you."

"I'm already dead?"

"Exactly," Remus winked and touched Logan's tail. "Also, this would be really nice up my-"

"See you in a week, human."

"Remus."

"See you in a week, Remus."

Logan left, leaving Remus alone in his basement once more. He grinned. He got a date with a demon. He'd so die for Logan.

~ A Few Months Later ~

Logan and Remus had started using terms of endearment after a few dates, and Logan used up all of his on Earth time with Remus. He'd never admit it, but he'd fallen for the human. The only thing that bothered him was that Remus was so young, and he was dead. They wouldn't make it work.

Every time he voiced his concerns, Remus would bring up death, suggesting he should die just to be with him. He said he didn't have anything that he needed to do. Then they could be together forever.

Logan didn't want him to die before his time. But Remus wanted to hold out and be with Logan. So if he couldn't die, he'd just stay alive until he died naturally.

~ Sixty Years Later ~

Remus looked around the deep red room, trying to figure out everything about where he was. His gaze landed on an all too familiar figure.

"Logan..."

"185132119," Logan smiled at him. "Remus."

Remus ran over to him and hugged him tightly. "I've waited so long to just look at you and marry you. Damnit please can I marry you now? I need all of it. Please..."

Logan nodded and kissed him fondly. "I'd love to. I love you."

"I love you too," Remus smiled and held onto him tightly.

They got married and unlived happily ever after.

1261 words

I'm entering this in -Satan_- comp. congrats on 3k my dude!!

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx