[3] Dukexiety

https://open.spotify.com/user/sno_drop/playlist/4evsWqlUrtMxwQ5z7z7VOS?si=bLIGqpk2RCWD6AkCTaTUIA - Dukexiety playlist.

T.W. CAVITY INDUCING FLUFF

Remus sighed as he lay in bed, his thoughts occupied by a specific anxious side. He couldn't help it. He'd fallen for Virgil and he didn't know how to handle it at all. It's not like he was going to ask Roman for help. His brother was full of himself and wouldn't be any use to Remus whatsoever.

He could go to Deceit, since he had always been there and promised to help him with anything he could. But, Remus wasn't sure if he wanted the lying side to find out about his childish crush and mock him for it. He was sure Deceit wouldn't do that, but sometimes the other sides could be unpredictable.

Logan wouldn't be any use, since he barely had any understanding of his own emotions, and couldn't even comprehend the fact that he had a crush on Deceit. Plus, he'd always claimed to have no emotions, so why would remus even attempt to go to him?

Then there was Patton. Patton was the most logical choice. He knew about emotions, he knew how to keep a secret, and he knew how to help all of the other sides with whatever they needed. But, Parton was close with Roman, which meant his brother could easily find out about it all. Even though Patton wouldn't tell Roman exactly what was said, he could still hint at Remus having a crush.

He didn't know what to do. He wanted to confess to Virgil, but he didn't want to ruin their weird, but good relationship that they already had. They were good friends, and Remus was happy that Virgil had forgiven him for their history. He wasn't ready to lose that.

He sighed and turned the tv on, figuring he could at least take his mind off what was happening. He turned on one of the documentaries he'd been watching, trying to get lost in what they were saying.

He ended up turning it off after five minutes, unable to get his mind to stop thinking about Virgil. Luckily for him, a knock at the door was able to arrive just after he'd turned off the documentary, leaving him less time to think about Virgil, sort of.

He pulled open his door and froze slightly, seeing Virgil with his sleeves pulled over his hands, unable to look at him. He shook his head and smiled, standing aside to let Virgil in.

"Sorry to intrude," Virgil finally spoke up, sitting at Remus' desk. "I just... I spoke to Pat and he said I should talk to you because he thinks you can help me better than he can and taking about how you feel is always a good think and I'm sorry..."

Remus frowned and sat on his bed, looking at Virgil. He wasn't sure what Virgil was apologising for, and he wasn't completely sure he wanted to know.

"I'm sure it's all okay, little Virge."

"I don't think it is. I shouldn't say anything, o don't want to ruin what we have, because this is fine. This is nice. I like having you as my friend and I like being able to talk to you and I'm not sure I'm ready to ruin our friendship. I just keep thinking about how it would feel to kiss you, and cuddle with you, and I really want to be with you romantically and..." Virgil's eyes widened. "I'm so sorry!"

Remus' jaw seemed to unhinge and he felt his heart flip. Virgil liked him back? Virgil wanted to kiss him and cuddle him and be with him romantically! Virgil wanted him too! He was freaking out, how was he supposed to tell Virgil he felt the same or wanted that too?

"Re please say something..."

"Ruin it," Remus managed out. He met Virgil's gaze and smiled softly, reassuringly. He wanted to ruin their friendship, and Virgil wanted it too.

Virgil stared at him and slowly got up, moving to sit next to him. "Ruin it..." he repeated Remus' words, looking at Remus nervously.

"Ruin it all."

Virgil smiled, looking slightly less nervous. He cupped Remus' cheek and hesitantly pressed their lips together.

Remus held Virgil's waist loosely, holding him closer than before. As their lips moved together, Remus couldn't stop his mind from racing and heart from leaping.

Virgil pulled away and looked at Remus, smiling softly at Remus' grin.

Remus looked at Virgil for a moment before surging forward and kissing him again, unable to get enough of kissing him. And yeah, if they hadn't ruined it before, they'd definitely ruined it now.

Virgil moved his hands to Remus' shoulders, holding him tightly. Was it a dream? Please don't let it be a dream. Remus liked him back!

Remus pulled Virgil into his lap and pulled away slightly, hugging Virgil tightly.

Virgil smiled wider and held Remus just as tight, unable to get over the fact that Remus was there and hadn't pushed him away when he'd confessed about kissing him.

Remus laughed softly and looked at Virgil. "I can't believe it..."

"What?"

"You like me too."

"Well, yeah."

"Talk later, cuddle now." Remus lay back on the bed, taking Virgil with him.

Virgil laughed and climbed under the blanket, leaving Remus to make his room a neutral space so Virgil didn't get affected.

Remus climbed in next to him and held onto him instantly. Remus knew they were both happy and they both wanted to ruin their friendship even more.

Just as Virgil was drifting off to sleep, Remus looked at him and spoke up.

"Be my boyfriend?"

"Only if you're mine."

"Deal."

Virgil smiled softly and kissed him briefly, before cuddling up to him again and falling asleep.

Remus watched him for a while before falling asleep himself, unable to wipe the smile off his face. They'd ruined their friendship and that was okay by him.

977 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx