[4] Demus

This is loosely based on part of the book 'Carry On' by Rainbow Rowell. I highly recommend the book if you haven't already read it. (This was also put in my two year celebration book. So enjoy this and yeah.)

Also, I have a Ko-Fi account (if you haven't seen my announcement on my profile). So go check that out and yeah.

I lay on my back, staring at Remus' empty bed. It wasn't that I was concerned as to his whereabouts, but it was rather odd that he'd been gone from school for a month now. I didn't care. If I cared I'd have spoken to Roman already.

Oh, who am I kidding, I spoke to Roman and Logan and Virgil and Patton. None of them know where he is. I don't know what's more concerning. That Remus has been gone for a month, or that his own brother doesn't know where he is.

I mean, sure, Remus is Remus and he can be gone for a week and no one knows why. Well, no, I know why. It's usually when he goes to feed. He likes to be gone for a week, so that he can go another three weeks before feeding again. No one else knows, or even cares. But it's been a month. He hasn't fed for this long before.

The school year started a month ago and he's not back. It's our final year and he's never missed a chance to torment me or Virgil or anyone else for that matter.

-

Remus was exhausted. He wanted nothing more to curl up in his dorm, and stare at De's sleeping figure until he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore and he passed out. But he still had to climb the seemingly never ending staircase that led to his room.

He managed to pull himself up the rest of the way, surprised to see De sat up in his bed and reading.

"You've not been gone long at all," he drawled, barely sparing Remus a glance.

"I'm sorry, my little snake. You'd be surprised at how difficult it is annoying someone to the point of being released. Especially when you're already drained from no food."

De put his book down and smiled sadly. "Come here, Re."

Remus lay next to De and smiled sadly, cuddling into De. They'd talk about it more in the morning, but for now, cuddles and sleep was what they both needed and it's what they'd get.

352 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx