[6] Remus

Prompt: Remus buried in a pile of stuffed animals @sanderssides_prompts on Instagram

Remus had thousands of green stuffed animals. It wasn't that he needed them, but he loved having them around. They gave him something to focus on when his own thoughts ran away from him.

Everyone knew him as the bad side of creativity, or a hazard to Thomas. It wasn't who he chose to be. He didn't want to be bad, he didn't want his thoughts to attack him the way he did Thomas. The intrusive thoughts were just a part of who he was, and he didn't mean to hurt anyone.

Remus picked up his green octopus, letting the feel of the tentacles slide between his fingers. He smiled weakly and looked down. He wanted to be able to hide under his octopus the way his hand could.

"Shapeshifting..." Remus grinned and grabbed all of his stuffed animals, putting them into a pile of green. He admired his careless handiwork, and set about changing his size.

He shrunk to the size of a four year old, while keeping his own mental capacity out of fear of the others yelling at it. If they found out he wasn't doing his job, they'd be mad. He couldn't really please them.

He crawled into his pile and held his octopus to his chest, the tentacles rubbing against his arm. He smiled to himself and held the octopus tighter.

"Thank you," he whispered. He curled up tighter and let himself fall asleep. Maybe he'd use that to help his mind quiet down a little in the future.

254 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx