[7] Platonic Dukexiety (pt 2 to [6])

SadieBilldip

T.W. PLEASE DON'T READ THIS IF ANYTHING TO DO WITH LITTLE SLACE PUTS YOU THERE. I KNOW IT DOESN'T NEED A TRIGGER WARNING, BUT I WANT YOU GUYS TO BE SAFE, SO IF ITS NOT SAFE FOR YOU TO BE LITTLE RIGHT NOW OR WHATEVER ELSE, PLEASE DON'T READ IT.
- it's basically about Remus being little. 

Remus used his pile of stuffed animals often. Whenever he got overwhelmed, he'd hide in there. He'd unconsciously let himself get smaller and smaller every time he did it. He even sometimes let himself slip into a smaller headspace, not realising how it would affect anyone else.

All he knew was, he would feel safe and comforted. No one ever told him he'd affected Thomas, or that he wasn't doing his job. He would be small, and then when he felt better, he'd be big again.

He found himself curled up in his toy haven at least once a day. Not always from stress, but he just relaxed a lot easier when he was small.

It started simple, just the toys and comfort. But it grew. When he was small, he'd start to suck on his thumb, or pull on his little boy baby grow. He also had a pacifier for the times he couldn't suck on his thumb. Sometimes he'd put himself in a diaper just in case he didn't realise he had to go.

Then it affected his mind after he was big again. Sometimes he'd slip and speak as though he was little if he wasn't careful. No one seemed to pick up on it, since he was Remus and Remus was odd. But he knew he had to be carefully. And soon, he was just comfortable enough to be little outside of his toy pile, not that he did it often.

But then it happened. The worst, most unthinkable thing happened. Someone walked in.

It was a normal day. Remus had been accused of being bad for Thomas, and had an argument with Patton and Roman about how he was hurting them more than helping them. Deceit was silent and Logan was trying to get them to calm down, all the while Remus was getting more and more worked up. It wasn't the fighting that ultimately did it.

He stared at Roman and Patton, his mind shutting down. He didn't want to go into little space. Not there. Not with them already mad at him. He'd make it worse. He had to leave.

So he managed to get into his room, and dive into his toy pile, barely thinking to change into his onesie. He curled up, thumb in his mouth, crying silently to himself.

The door opened and he tensed up. No one could see him like this. They'd hate him even more. It was his safe space and they'd ruin it.

"Remus? Are you in there?" Virgil voice broke through, and Remus whimpered. "What's going on buddy?"

Virgils voice was soft, and it almost made him crawl out. He didn't want to be hated. Virgil didn't hate him yet. Maybe he could keep it that way.

"Buddy, I know you're struggling with everyone right now, but I'm on your side."

Remus sniffled and crawled out, knocking his toys down. He looked at the broken pile and let out a small sound of distress. He held his octopus to his chest and looked at Virgil with wide eyes.

"Oh, Re. Come here." Virgil opened his arms for a hug, and let Remus crawl into them.

Remus sat in Virgil's lap, suckling on his thumb, calming down.

"We can rebuild it okay? I'll help you rebuild it, and when you're up to it, we can talk. I'll help you."

Remus nodded and looked up at him. "Beddy?"

"You want to go to bed? Do you want me to stay?"

Remus nodded and held onto Virgil.

Virgil smiled fondly and moved him to the bed, laying next to him. He played with Remus' hair and hummed a softly melody he knew would calm Remus fully.

From then on, Virgil learned the signs of Remus slipping into his little space and helped him when he needed it. He made sure that Remus had all he needed and if something happened to hurt him, he'd be there.

And when they talked about it, Virgil swore on his life that he'd never tell anyone else. It was their secret, and they'd get through the small issue together.

687 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx