[15] Creativitwins (Platonic)

Based on a prompt from @/sanderssides_prompts on Instagram.

T.W. In the picture above

Roman watched as the sword came down towards Remus, who was curled up and clearly unable to fight back. It wasn't a fair fight. He was going to get severely hurt and Roman wasn't sure he could do enough. He needed to get to Remus.

He pushed his own fighting partner away, making sure to knock them down in the process, before running over to Remus. He wouldn't make it. There would be no way he could save him. He had to defend his brother, he just had to. If he didn't... He didn't want to think about it.

Remus looked up, seeing Roman running towards him. His eyes widened and he shook his head. It was his time. Roman couldn't do anything. It would be in vain and he couldn't let his brother see him fall.

Roman pushed himself to run faster, trying to think of something he could throw to distract Remus' potential murderer. He managed to grab a small stone and threw it at the assassinating, successfully distracting him and giving Roman time to block the hit that would have otherwise killed Remus.

The assassins eyes widened and he looked between the brothers. He quickly regained composure and pulled his sword back again, ready to fight Roman instead. One out of two, it didn't matter which one.

Roman's eyes narrowed, watching the sloppy footwork of the male he was fighting. The assassin was weak, and he clearly wouldn't last much longer. He acted tough, but he could last longer than he could fight well. It would work to Roman's advantage if he downplayed his own abilities.

The assassin swung his sword around, Roman easily blocking. It wouldn't get to the point of either of them being hurt, but neither of them knew that for sure.

Swing. Block. Swing. Block. Forward. Back. Forward. Back.

They kept going, the assassin's swings getting weaker and weaker, unable to keep fighting. Roman could read him easily, and with one final swing, he knocked the sword out of the assassin's hand.

He stuck his own sword in the ground and turned to face Remus, helping him to his feet. He smiled softly and turned back to the assassin, who had removed his mask.

"Not back for a prince with basic training," the male spoke up.

"Coming from you, Mr I-Know-How-To-Fight," Roman laughed and ruffled his friend's hair.

"I do know how to fight, Roman, I just work better with a smaller knife," Virgil scoffed.

"Whatever. Weakling."

Patton joined the two brothers and Virgil, wrapping his arm around Virgil's shoulders.

"I didn't hurt you did I, Pat?" Roman looked at Patton, who had better training than the three of them combined.

"Not at all. I'm impressed."

Roman laughed and linked arms with Remus, looking at his brother.

"I had it under control, Roman. You didn't have to save me," Remus looked at Roman.

"No, I didn't. But you would've lost, had it been a real fight. And I would've been down a brother."

Remus shrugged, nudging Roman. "Shut up."

Roman laughed, inviting his friends to the tea room, alerting his and Remus' advisor that they would be requiring food and refreshments, and that they were more than welcome to join them.

The evening couldn't have gone better in Roman's opinion. He was grateful to have the people surrounding him that he did. It was perfect.

566 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx