Chapter 28: Sweats [Edited]

JK

My days in the mansion changed drastically along with my intentions regarding the mission. Thanks to Yoongi I was now free to roam about in the house. Even though they still didn't allow me anywhere near the exits, it was still an upgrade.

I spent my days chatting away with the servants, playing video games with Yoongi and at times receiving lethal glares from Y/N. I won't say that I was okay with the entire two months long captivity, cause I definitely was not but I knew once I helped them find the murderer of Mr. and Mrs. Kim, I'd find my way out. And also, capturing one true criminal would certainly make my team proud. So why not?

After living with these people for more than two months, I now knew a lot about their personalities and I can confidently say that they are far from being cold-hearted like I once thought. Other than Yoongi, I made friends with Taehyung and Jimin. Their ages being closer to mine I connected with them at a deeper level. I also became familiar with bits and pieces of their pasts and to sum it all up in brief, neither of them willing devoted their lives to this mafia.

In fact, these guys were appointed just a year ago and didn't even have any track records yet, that the police could have held against them. All the illegal business and transactions Namjoon had talked about were done by Myung-Dae and his team, the new group that formed after his death had nothing to do with it. So even if our plan had failed, with this whole captivity I still managed to gather all the information I came here for in the first place.

This was kind of like an exaggerated field mission.

Y/N's cousin Jin and my former partner, a.k.a spy Hoseok didn't yet accept me though. They still wanted to kill me and was furious at Yoongi for obvious reasons. And that very much led to my current situation, standing at a far corner of the gym while Jin showered me with a burning glare that I tried my best to avoid.

It was just yesterday that I asked Yoongi if I could sometimes use their gym and I was ecstatic when he replied with a 'sure why not'. I prioritise my health and physique a lot and not being able to be athletically active for days was taking a toll on my brain big time.

So this morning I decided to give the dumbbells a quick visit. However I never expected to run into two people that hated me the most, that too at the early hour of 5 am. I was caught off guard to see Y/N and Jin already present in the room, doing calisthenics on a protoner rod at one side of the hall.

Both of them greeted me with unwelcoming glares but I had to gulp the intimidation down. I wasn't scared of them, not of Jin at least. And also I needed this session more than anything, so I decided to shrug off their presence and make my way to the other side where the treadmill stood proud.

The thought of how my kidnapping turned into a luxurious vacation with lavish privileges was still strange to me and there were times when I felt weird about it but I guess I had been lucky that way.

~

"I'll take my leave now, Y/N"

It had been half an hour since I started my cardio and I heard Jin bid his goodbye already, followed by opening and closing sounds of the glass doors. The doors were automated and sliding but it still made a swoosh every time it moved. They were connected to a narrow passage that led to a camouflaged tile on their living room floor board as the training centre was hidden underground and the entrance was through the very same tile.

Jin's footsteps faded into the distance before a loud slamming of the tile rippled against the silence of the morning. I didn't turn to witness any of it but a sudden realization made me widen my eyes, and I spun around only to discover that Y/N and I were now all alone in this entire floor.