Chapter 19: Victim of Monstrosity [Edited]

Y/N

The last month went pretty hectic as the whole gang was involved in saving our asses from the buzzards. We were successful in retaining a good relationship with our biggest drug associates, however the buzzards ended up destroying one more of our warehouses, wiping out all the stored goods into nothingness. It wasn't a surprise that they knew about most of our storage locations, provided Min Jun was one of their former helpers, but there were somethings that he even lacked information about but somehow the buzzards knew it all and that fact had all of us pull our hairs in agony. Who were these people emerging out of nowhere with deep knowledge of our schemes and a sole intention to bring us down?

The question kept bugging me for days, leaving me sleepless. Their sly and calculated actions were making my assumptions firm, that they had something to do with all the things that happened in our family a year ago and the feeling kept me on the edge for the entire month. So I decided to take some time to myself until my brain started functioning again and the only way I could do that was by painting.

With a cup of fresh water in my hands I made my way to the attic where my unattended canvas awaited me. I skipped through the corridor completely ignoring the ruckus Yoongi was creating downstairs but as soon as I stepped inside the room, shock engulfed me and my mouth hung open. Jungkook, the one that should be locked in his room, stood there gawking at my paintings.

"What the-" I yelled making the boy turn around with a massive flinch. He looked at me with wide eyes and knitted brows while I mirrored his perplexity.

"What the heck are you doing here?" I scorned feeling my personal space being attacked by a foreign presence in my little panic room. Jungkook's confused face soon morphed into a nonchalant one and he crossed his hands in front of his chest.

"Dancing! What does it look like I'm doing, admiring the paintings of course" he remarked making me scoff in aversion.

"And who said you can do that?"

"I don't need your permission to do as I wish"

"I beg to differ. This is my house and you need my damn permission to roam about it just like that!!"

Boiling anger poked my veins as I was highly revolted by the rebellious behavior I was being served. How dare he sass me like that. I am Kim Brute for God's sake! I should be the one to yell, the only one.

"Well I don't care. I didn't choose to stay here, you forced me. And now I'll spend my stay just as I desire" Jungkook mocked making me now fume with a burning flame of egoistic rage. He was about to pass by me and leave the room but I held his wrist dragging him in and pushing him against one of the walls.

"You can't just walk out on me like that. Did you forget you are are talking to the leader of the fucking Kim Mafia?" I spat through gritted teeth, glaring deep into his brown orbs which to my surprise didn't seem much bothered.

"Huh....and what difference does it make?.....even after being called The Kim Brute, you still don't have the guts to kill me. You are a fucking cowa-"

"Don't you dare complete that sentence Jungkook. It'll only take me a small click to end your life once and for all. Don't forget that you are at my mercy right now" my anger knew no limit now and I hauled him closer only to push him back against the wall harshly, my hands crushing his collar and my face very close to his. I wanted him to feel every bit of my wrath and discover what kind of a monster I was.

Jungkook had his unamused eyes fastened on my face, intense glare burning holes into my conceit. His lips were stretched in a repulsive grimace, giving a clear view of the little freckle underneath them. A small dimple sat on his pale cheek while his two teeth were slightly visible from behind his parted lips. Being so close to this man was somehow making me feel things I didn't understand but I knew I had to make them stop. My emotions had already hurt me a lot, I didn't wanna experience that agony anymore.

"Then why don't you? For God's sake just kill me already" taking advantage of my distraction Jungkook escaped my hold and with a swift movement our positions were reversed with him pinning me to the wall now. With one hand he restrained my wrists behind my back while he used to other to wrap my throat in a chock hold.

"You very well know that you can't use me as a leverage to get the police down. The force won't compromise its intentions to save a single officer's life. They'd rather chose to sacrifice his puny existence. And you know that very well. Then why exactly are you keeping me alive Miss Brute?"

"I am not answerable to you Jeon Jungkook. You have no fucking rights to ask me questions. You were here to capture me in the first place. You and your team wanted to throw me in an eternal confinement. Well now the tables have turned and you can do nothing but to accept your fate. Neither am I gonna let you go nor I'm gonna let you die. You are a victim of my monstrosity, you are the proof that I am a fucking villain and I need you here to remind me that for the rest of my life"

I didn't even realize when warm tears started gathering against my lids. Once again I let my feelings get the worst of me and I wasn't proud of it. I hurriedly pushed Jungkook away who seemed lost and I fortunately managed to wipe away those nasty drops of weakness before he could encounter them.

It didn't take much for him to get back to the moment and as he did, he opened his mouth to shower me with the three magical words,

"I hate you Kim Brute..."

A sarcastic chuckle barged out of my mouth as I managed the truest response my heart could muster,

"So do I..."

_________________________

To be continued...