Chapter 56: Gone With The Wind [Edited]

JUNGKOOK

Up and down did her chest move slowly as she heaved deep breaths under the compulsion of what felt like an eternal slumber. Dark bangs swirled along with the wind eventually falling on her closed lids while the golden rays animated on her pale face bestowing her with an ethereal guise. Her beautiful braids remained longer than ever and her lips appeared as dried rose petals that refused to sway.

Y/N looked just like a princess, peacefully resting behind the walls of her fragile monarch, waiting for her Prince Charming to come and save her from this wretched misery. On the hem of her closed lids remained the long wait for her one true love's kiss. But sadly, this princess wasn't lucky enough to dwell in such a magical world of fantasies.

Instead this was real life and it was much more sour, much more hostile. No matter how far I extended my arms, I knew I wouldn't be able to reach her, wouldn't be able to pull her out of this lingering sleep. No matter how truly I felt for her, I knew I wouldn't be able to kiss her out of her coma. I wanted to though, so badly.

She was right there in front of me, lying wrapped up in the pastel sheets and yet she seemed so far away.

I miss you Y/N, please come back to me.

Taking her cold hands in mine I rubbed them gently, trying to generate some heat in them but my attempts like the ones before were rendered futile as her skin still felt cold and heavy against my own. Her bony knuckles prodded against my palms making my heart ache for it marked how much weight she had lost in the last two weeks. Obviously she didn't receive adequate nutrition while in her stay with Sang-Ook and now being only fed through machines and tubes, how much difference could it even make?

Y/N looked weak and I hated to see her like that.

Its been six days already, how much more beauty sleep do you need Y/N-aah? Just wake up already.

Placing a tender kiss on her forehead I sat back down on the stool before starting a conversation with the sleeping girl. I knew it was stupid and I knew she wasn't going to respond to any of my words but still, somewhere deep in my heart, I felt the need to do this.

What if she can listen to me? Maybe, after hearing me calling for her she'll want to wake up...

"Hey Y/N, how are you doing? Aren't you bored from all the sleeping? Why don't you get up and we can continue with that little date of ours. You know you never finished that Caramel Macchiato of yours. So how about you wake up and I'll make one for you, yeah? Why don't you answer me? Please Y/N-"

A trembling sob intervened my solo oration and I heard my breath hitch within my throat. My eyes felt moist, but I didn't let any tear drop down to my cheeks. I had cried enough already, I didn't wanna do it anymore. All I wanted now was to stay optimistic and brave for I didn't want Y/N to wake up to a messed up, disheveled Jungkook. I wanted her to be surrounded by hope and positivity not despair.

So I went on, went on with my monologue.

"You know Y/N, tomorrow is the trial. And it's my first trial in forever. I am gonna walk down the aisle and I'm gonna represent my team. I am gonna speak for my fellow companions, I'm gonna speak for you and I promise to try my best to make you proud. You remember I told you that if you give me a chance, I'll take your revenge for you? Well, I am so close to doing just that. I am nervous though, very much, what if I mess up? Would you wish me luck so that I don't mess up, hmm? Y/N?"

It was getting harder and harder to put up a happy upfront. The conflicts inside me contrasted with my act spawning an overpowering friction within me but still, I kept going, not for myself, but for my Y/N.