(58) Finale Chapter 2: Still With You [Edited]

Jungkook

Two days had gone by like a breeze since the lawsuit and things were already falling back into place. In spite of all the stress and commotions, everything went as planned and it was a glory that Y/N's vengeance mission concluded with such fulfilling outcomes. Sure the journey to it was difficult but how things ended up turning was worth the while.

Sang Ook's rehabilitation in the police dungeon was made official and I personally took it upon myself to make sure that he was uncomfortable. And boy did I do a good job! Poor man was having such a hard time adjusting among a bunch of young brawny jailbirds. Him being the only man to linger around his fifties made him the perfect prey for the juvenile delinquents.

Pestering the middle aged ajhussi had become their new source of entertainment now and as much as Sang Ook seemed to struggle with his new life, I couldn't care less. I had other important stuffs to worry about, the top of the list being rejoicing in triumph. My first mission was a success and I was now a significant member of the Seoul Police Council, just like I dreamt to be.

I did it Dad, I made it through...

However, every story is fabricated with both good and bad. Life is meant to have sad memories for they make us value the happy ones. And my life? Well, it had a lot of those.

Emotions, both vivid and vague loomed at the surface of my conscience and the promises I once made still remained vibrant in my mind, some of which I kept, some of which I broke and some were yet to come. I brought down the Kim Mafia just as I promised Namjoon I would, I freed Y/N's family from the shackles of their dire lives like I promised her I would. But I also promised that very family of hers that I would bring back their sister to them.

What about that one?

My life so far had been a series of simultaneous ups and downs. While the former bestowed me with the happiest moments that I'd cherish forever, the latter left me with some nasty scars that I'd in my heart forever bear. But still I owed one to those same ups and downs for they made me who I am today, a responsible lieutenant, a loyal friend and maybe, just maybe, a loving partner as well.

With the last thought came in the realization that I was late for meeting a certain someone very special and with a bouquet of freshly plucked flowers in my hands and a congenial peace in my soul I entered the Seoul Cemetery.

The morning Sun shone bright in the sky and some excited birds twitted their early choir. A slightly cold breeze stirred up every now and then which contrasted against the warmth of the Sun and also the one in my heart for I felt serene as my feet slowly approached a particular grave reading Kim, in the middle of the meadow where the love of my life currently awaited me.

"I avenged you. I hope you are proud of me and I hope you know how much I love you, always have and always will. No matter how far you are, you'll always be in my heart and your memories will forever be cherished. I know I had said some mean things to you and judged you for your profession and I'm so sorry I hurt you like that. But the truth is I'd never trade the little time I had with you for anything else. You were the best parents one could ever have and I'm so proud of you both. I miss you so much omma, appa. I hope you rest in peace..."

"They will"

Taking small steps closer to the grave I knelt down behind the girl who was sitting by the tombstone before wrapping my arms around her waist and placing a chaste kiss on the top her head, a familiar sense of peace and security washed over my body that very instant. I didn't want to intervene her little reconciliation with her deceased parents but I couldn't just wait any longer. God knows how much I missed her!