Chapter 1: New Cop in Town [Edited]

Present Time

JUNGKOOK

"Welcome to Seoul Lieutenant Jeon. We are excited to have you here" being cordially greeted to a new beginning I stepped inside the vast conference hall through the glass doors thereby finding myself in the presence of several senior officers including the commander himself.

"It's an honor to be working with you sir" unveiling my gratitude I took a place at the end of the table. The ebony bench stretched through the entire length of the room and the cushioned chairs made a comfortable station for us to sit. A transparent glass replacing one of the side walls gave a clear view of the busy streets and the shiny silver moon peeping through the crystalline surface illuminated the space into a heavenly aesthetic. And the polished metal plate on the table reading Jeon Jungkook only added to my ecstasy.

"Now that we all are here, we may start the presentation" saying so the commander decamped from his throne and approached the giant plasma screen that showed a years old black and white photograph of a young man probably in his late twenties

"Now that we all are here, we may start the presentation" saying so the commander decamped from his throne and approached the giant plasma screen that showed a years old black and white photograph of a young man probably in his late twenties. The man had a tuxedo on and his face seemed quite intimidating although the M1894 in his clutch had a decent glory of its own. All total the man looked nothing less than an 80's action hero.

"This is Kim Myung Dae, the founder of the Kim Mafia" the commander's next words extinguished my uprising admiration and a fresh spark of disgust ignited my heart. The founder of a mafia, an antagonist of course.

"He had been leading the terrorizing gang for decades and had been successfully dodging the law throughout the entire time. The association cumulates its riches through illegal drug trafficking and has shown signs of brutality by ruthlessly eliminating any and every hindrance. However, the rein hit an abrupt standstill last year as the leader was rumored to be sick. Their businesses dropped and their economy became unstable making the townsfolk breathe in security but that was until 2 months ago when the gang revived"

The commander took a pause to sip from his water and the projectionist took the opportunity to scroll down to the next image, the same man but a lot older and a lot more colorful. This one had a new involvement though, another man in black, presumably younger. Both had silk suits on with hairs slickly gelled. Ammunition was a basic part of their accessories and a shining black limousine marked their ride.

"This is Myung Dae's right hand man, Sang-Ook. The gang lost a year of business and hence we can expect them to be vulnerable right now. It's the best time for us to level up our game and take them in custody once and for all" the commander returned to his recitation. "And hence we need our new recruit Jungkook"

My ears perked up as I heard my name and I sat up straight on the chair paying all my attention. Being a cop was my childhood dream. When the kids in my neighborhood went to the park to play soccer, I stayed home tackling my father with a fake gun and toy handcuffs. Every time I witnessed him buckling up his uniform, I used to envision myself all grown up and in the very same attire. When my teenage friends went clubbing, I stayed behind working hard to follow my father's footsteps and the day I watched his smile become a memory on our wall, I decided to never look back.

"We have tried a lot of direct measures to arrest them but these people have a special ability to fool the law. We therefore need to defeat them in their own game" a dimpled grin appeared on the commander's face as he introduced his intricate plan.

"We need to pose as drug dealers with a lot of supply and a desperate need of associates and Jungkook being completely new in town would be perfect for this impromptu..."

~~~

I kept on staring at the sprinting trees as the cab made its way to my rental residence. The thrill of having the lead in my very first mission scorched my brain and the words from the commander played in my head on repeat,

"I, Commander Kim Namjoon appoint Lieutenant Jeon Jungkook as the leader of this mission. I don't know if Myung Dae has recovered yet but the one you are about to face is much more cruel and goes by the name Kim Brute......"

___________________

___________________

To be continued...