Chapter 18: Attic [Edited]

Jungkook

Its been a month since I was stuck in this hell hole. With several futile evasions draining out my pride I finally decided to let loose a bit and wait for the team to just scavenge me, although I highly doubted their skills. I mean they were oblivious to the presence of a mafia spy under their own roof for months. May be the felons are a better breed.

The last few weeks were pretty mundane. I woke up, stayed stuck in my room, had my meals, stayed stuck in this heck of a room, tried to run away and once again ended up in the very same room. My life had become like a recurring loop, a boring one to be exact. However I considered myself lucky that I didn't cross paths with the obnoxious vixen recently.

Every time I tried new ways to run away, one of the guards would show up and just shove me back into the room locking me in, but they never uttered a single word or even attacked me in any way, as if they were ordered not to. At first I was really confused as to why these guys were keeping me locked up and not just killing me. They weren't even tormenting me in any sort, well other than this whole imprisonment thing. But they never inflicted any physical pain on me, last being the slap I received from Y/N the night I had my leisure time in the basement. For me it had become like a mere solitude in an expensive hotel and all my confusion started to gradually subside as a searing boredom took over my brain. I was tired of being exposed to unattended curiosity and so I resolved to retracting myself in my own little bubble waiting for a miracle to hit me and plunge me out of my miseries.

However, my friendship with Stella hiked up a notch in this period as she was usually the one bringing me food and other necessities. And every time I asked her about Y/N, she seemed clueless as if she herself was unaware of her master's whereabouts. All she knew was that Y/N along with a man named Yoongi always left home early and came back late. Getting a glimpse of the two recently remained inaccessible for the residents as they blew away all the statutes of a bedtime curfew. Stella also mentioned once seeing them returning home tired and perspired to the point of complete exhaustion and I wondered who they had been conspiring against that time.

"Should I keep your breakfast on the side table?" the girl asked in a timid voice making me hum in response. I had my hands submerged into the closet as I scurried through few of the clothes I was offered, searching for something comfortable to wear. Stella, also being in charge of delivering my clothing supplies informed me that these were chosen by some guy named Taehyung and although I hated every single inch of all of them, I would still like to thank this guy for choosing the comfiest oversized garments.

Grabbing a solid white T and a pair of blue joggers I threw the bunch on my bed before turning to the food which had already spread a reign of aroma throughout my room.

While munching on a cluster of fried noodles I couldn't help but contemplate on all the information I managed to collect in the past couple of days. The Kim Mafia is a gang of hundreds of people all scattered throughout the country of South Korea and beyond. They have basically built themselves into an epitome of all sorts of illegal dealings be it drugs, weapons or something else. Kim Y/N, being the daughter of the former leader Kim Myung-Dae now manages the group along with five other boys all being heads in some department. Like the Taehyung guy I was talking about earlier was incharge of leading the brainacs into the world of unauthorized hacking and Yoongi was kind of an assistant to Miss Brute. Hoseok was the trainer of young spy recruits and the roles of the rests were yet to be acknowledged. However there was one more info I came across that seemed pretty significant. Some kind of tragic event happened one year ago that pushed Myung Dae into an unforeseen exile and made Y/N the boss and for some reason I had this urge to know what happened. Maybe it was the ultimate clue to get this gang down once and for all.

My train of thoughts came to an abrupt conclusion when a loud honking noise blared through the walls of the building. Curiosity got the best of me and I strode to the glass window only to see a black sedan being pulled over in the drive away. Immediately guards started gathering around the vehicle until two figures, one male and one female emerged from inside. Both of them headed towards the mansion leaving the guards in charge of parking the car and that's when I knew, the vixen was back.

<Time Skip>

"Do you think you can talk to your bosses and get me a video game or something. It sometime gets depressingly lonely in here" I asked making Stella look at me with soft eyes.

Hours had passed since the duo returned and unlike other days, the evening was quite noisy. Every now and then an authoritative male voice would be heard talking to the workers, instructing them about the house's new and improved security system. As per my knowledge, they had been working on that cause since the attack on the warehouse.

"I guess I can do that" Stella shrugged while getting up to leave with the empty cutlery in her hands.

"You sure? They won't kill you, right?"

The girl ended up letting out a small chuckle at my enquiry.

"Miss Kim is not as bad as you think and neither is Sir Yoongi" I scoffed at her reply, earning another crackle as a response.

"No seriously, I don't know what exactly they do outside the doors but here, in the house, they are very caring and humble. They-"

"Stella, we need you down in the kitchen immediately. Come fast..." a girl, in the very same uniform as Stella emerged at the door, cutting the later mid-sentence.

"Wait, let me-" once again Stella was interrupted as the girl abruptly held her wrist and pulled her away leaving me behind, staring at the door, wide ajar...

Several thoughts clouded my head as I glared at the open door with anxiety. Although my heart was desperate to leave this place asap, my brain was very well aware of where yet another escape plan would lead me to. Nowhere but right here. I knew if I sneak out, the guards would eventually find me and drag me back in but I still didn't wanna let the opportunity pass. If not a successful escape, sneaking out right now might still lead me to discovering some new nooks and cronies of the estate and it could very well come in handy later. And then again, whatever I did they weren't gonna hurt me. And I was bored anyways.

So I jumped down from my bed and straight away walked out of the door without having second thoughts.

Stepping out I could hear the voices downstairs getting louder and I also managed to catch a tiny glimpse of Yoongi. He was one of the guys that took Min-Jun away that night along with Hoseok. I watched him talking to a group of guards while seated on the couch. However Y/N was nowhere to be seen. Being the brutal leader, she was supposed to be attending such discussions but I realized, I haven't heard her voice even once since the duo returned.

But whatever it was I just shrugged it off and continued my excavation towards the top floor. I had never been there before and hence, I desperately wanted a view. The place was rather somber and much messier than the rest of the lodge and there was only one room at the end of a long corridor. With mellow steps I walked to the room only to discover that it was the attic. However as I pushed open the door, the scene that greeted me gave me a major shock.

The room was filled with several paintings, some dry some wet and none less than some masterpieces. The place looked like someone's studio with paint bottles and brushes scattered here and there throughout the floor. A stack of blank canvases leaned against the side walls while one remained at the center, resting on an easel. This one had a faint sketch of a chiseled face, one with a pretty sharp jawline. The face seemed kind of familiar but before I could investigate any further, a voice from behind rendered me startled.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" there stood Miss Brute at the door, with a cup of water in her hand and a pencil tucked against the helix of her ear.

________________________

To be continued...