Chapter 100: Grandma!

Wednesday, July 20, 1969...

We have been calling my grandma for the past five months. Pony and I have been doing good. We still have our ups and downs but we always  seem to figure it out or the gang ends up helping us. Sandy has lend me some of her maternity clothes. Today was the day my grandma was going to come here. 

The three of us (pony, my grandma and I) decided she should come and help me take care of the baby until the baby goes to school. Plus she feels bad that I have no one else to help me. So we decided to fly her in from San Diego. We had gone to our appointment and were just heading to the airport to pick her up. I was excited. I hadn't seen her in four years. We pulled up to the airport and headed to the incoming flights. We waited patiently until we saw her. She was running. She wasn't old she was pretty young. She had my "mom" as sixteen and my "mom" had Alejandro at 20.

My grandma was in her fifties. She was tall, skinny and her hair was dark brown. She had green eyes. She was daughter of Josefina Güereña, making her the sister of Maria Felix but never got to be as successful in the movie industry as Her. "Abue!" I yelled as I walked up to her. "Oh mija look at you! You're so pretty. God!" She said. "Who is this boy?" She asked. "He is Ponyboy" I smiled. "Oh, so he's your baby daddy huh?" She asked. I nodded and laughed. "How are you mijo?" She asked as she hugged Ponyboy. "I'm doing good ma'am" he said. "Oh please don't call me that. I'm in my fifties not hundreds. Please call me Vicky." She said. "And you too Mija." She said. I smiled. "Okay well let's go." I said. We headed back home.

-
I was hungry and tired. "Vicky?" I asked. "Mija I'm downstairs!" She yelled. I walked down she was doing yoga. "I'm going to the DX do you want anything?" I asked. "No but I'll go with you." She said. These three months Wms he been great with my grandma. Although she was nothing related to me, I felt really close with her. I have four more weeks left. Thank god it was summer.