💌 Chapter 14: I thought... 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

Monday, August 8th, 1967...

When he was just close enough to my face he pushed two strands of hair from my face and back my head, securing them with the clip. "There, all set" He said. God I really believed he was gonna kiss me. I got up and cleared my throat. "Breakfast is ready" I said as I pointed to a pan with food. "Yummy" he said as he inspected the sweet Crepés. "You made them just how I like them!" He said happily.

Sandy came down to the kitchen. "How are you Ponyboy?" She asked. "I'm doing good Sands, hows the baby?" He asked as he began eating. "The baby is doing nice!" She said. I walked to my room and decided to go look for a book to read. I spot Romeo And Juliet from my bookshelf. I run my fingers down the spine before I grab it and take it along. I open it to the first page as I pull out a chair and sit down.

"Do you have Gone With the Wind?" Pony asked. "Yes!" I said as I put a piece of paper to mark the page where I was. I quickly rushed to my room and left the book as I grabbed Gone With The Wind. I rushed back down as Pony was sitting outside on the Front porch Swing. I go outside and set the book on his lap and sit down. I lean on the edge of the swing and throw my feet on his lap as he opens the book.

-
We got halfway done with the book and by then it was already 5 in the afternoon! "Wow" pony said as he doggy eared the page. "Let's make dinner?" He asked getting up. "Sure, what should we make?" I asked as he helped me up. "How about enchiladas?" He asked. "Sounds ideal!" I nodded as we headed to his house. We began cooking and laughing. All of a sudden, we heard the television on, the sound of the Addams Family theme song filled in the living room. "Ugh, Mickey isn't on yet!?" Two-bit whined.

We both turned to look at him and continued laughing as we were putting the last touches on the enchiladas. "Food is ready!" I called out as pony was serving plates and I was setting the pan with all the enchiladas on the table. "Hope you guys like them, Rose was having a hard time teachin' me." Pony shook his head as he spoke. "Well I'm proud of both!" Darry said. He looked at me for awhile. As if he wanted to say something but never got the courage.

-
As we finished eating I cleaned the table and washed the dishes as Darry was checking bills on the rocking chair near the small stand. I swear, this man never takes a break! I couldn't help but quietly take a look at the amount he owed. My mouth slightly dropped. He was in debt a thousand dollars! The amount kept on accumulating more and more as he kept on getting behind paying electricity and water, as well as rent. I knew that I had to do something! And this time, I wasn't gonna fuck up. If I was going to do something, I was gonna do something worth it!