💌 Chapter 55: The Date 💌

🌹 Rose's P.O.V 🌹

Saturday, May 9th, 1968...

As Randy drove of to our undisclosed location he seemed quiet. Quieter than usual. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing," He shrugged. "C'mon, I've known you long enough to know when something bothers you." I said scooting next to him.

"What's up?" I said sympathetically. "I don't know it's just, what were you talking with your friends?" He asked. I sighed. "They were very caught off guard. And they were angry. Not because I'm dating someone but because of who I'm dating-" "because I'm a Soc huh?" He asked. I exhaled sharply. "If I said no I'd be lying" I said managing to let out a small sudden laugh. "I get why they'd be mad. I've done so many things before. Maybe this is a mistake?" He said as a question. I looked at him. And he looked at me. I scooted away. To the other side of the seat. And this is where I began to feel empty again. It just seems like no matter what I do, I can't be with anyone.

He noticed I was lost in my thoughts and he sighed. "I just wanna make sure you're happy, you deserve the world and if I can't give it to you, I shouldn't waste your time I-" He took a deep breath. "You make me so goddamn happy Randy. Like you don't even know. These past few weeks it's when I feel like I'm loosing myself and the meaning of life, and you just come and sweep me off my feet. You come and save me. And Jesus. I don't care if I get heartbroken once, twice or a million times over you. Because I love you and I know I want to spend time with you. And hey, if this doesn't work out, which I hope it does, I get to know that at least my love life isn't cursed." I giggled. He laughed and looked at me.

I sat closer to him and he grabbed my hand. Kissing the top of it. "Break my heart into a million pieces Green." He said as he looked at me. I sat up a bit and kissed him. Unaware we were still on the road. He swerved left and a car honked. "Eyes on the road!" I yelled. He laughed. And I couldn't help but laugh too.

...
"You brought me roller skating?" I said as we got off the car. "Yes. I know you like to ice skate but all the ice melted already so I decided to bring you roller skating." He said as he grabbed my hand. Intertwining our fingers. We walked in, grabbed our shoes and headed off. That wasn't the best part of the date. It all got better when we headed somewhere else...