Chapter 97: I Am So Sorry

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Saturday, February 15, 1969...
Ponyboy's P.O.V

We walked into the hospital. "Hey Samantha." Johnny asked the nurse at the front desk. "Hey are you here to see Rose? I was about to call you, how did you find out?" Samantha asked. "Find out about what?" Johnny and I both asked in unison. 

"She got jumped. Down the alley on her way to your house." I looked at Johnny. "What room?" I asked. "Room thirteen. Be careful and keep it quiet, she needs to rest." Samantha said. "Thank you" Johnny and I both said. We walked to the room and opened the door. She was laying there. Laying on her right side. She had mask, breathing for her, the machines taking her vitals. I hated myself to see her like this. If I wouldn't have left her we would've been together yesterday, we would've woken up together today and we would've walked together. Greasers and socs don't usually jump girls if they are seen with a guy.

I started tearing up as I saw her like that. "I'll call the gang." Johnny said. "Don't call Sandy and soda. They're you know, they're out and won't come back until Monday morning." I said. He nodded and walked out. "Jesus. I hate me for this. You know. The more I thought about, the more things I figured out we can do.  I'll pick up a job after school. We can both work out a schedule, you can go to work some days and I'll stay home, Cathy can stop by my classes and get my homework or we can try calling your grandma, see if she's doing well. I don't know. But for that, you need to get well."

I said as I started crying.  I was kneeled down besides her and I was caressing her face. "Oh god this is my fault." I yelled as I looked up. "I can't believe I let this scare me. I let this pull us apart when it should make stick us together." I sighed. "I love you, I love you so much." The door  opened but I didn't say anything. "She's gonna get better." Johnny whispered. I nodded as I kissed Rose's hand.

-
"She lost a lot of blood. She's doing good but her baby is at risk. She needs blood and we don't have that type here. do you guys know if anyone has her type,
O-Neg?" The doctor said. "Soda does." Darry said. "Well call him!" I said. Darry headed out and called soda. "You know, you should get some rest," Johnny said. "No. Last time I left her this happened. I'm not gonna leave her." I said. I felt someone squeeze my hand. I looked down to realize Rose was still hold my hands. She squeezed again and slowly opened her eyes.

"P-pony?" She mumbled. "Shh, don't talk, don't work yourself. I'm right here baby girl." I said. "Ow." She hissed. "Sh, you're okay." I said. "H-h-how's t-t-the b-b-b" "The baby is okay, but calm down okay." I said as I kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes. "I love you." I whispered. She squeezed my hand. "You're gonna get better princess, I promise." I said.

-
When soda came they immediately pulled him in for the blood drawing. Then they took Rose and gave her the blood. They gave her some pain killers and said she should be better by tomorrow. "You should go home I'm staying here." I told Johnny. "If anything we should both go home. We've been here all day." He answerd. "No im staying. I'm not leaving her side." I said. He nodded. "Call us if you need anything okay bud?" Darry said. I nodded.
I pulled a stool up to her side and held her hand. I kissed her hand and pecked her forehead before falling asleep...