I dragged Valeria out of the conference room and down the hall as we passed people, including Vincent. He stopped and watched us.

"Valeria needs a break," I said, walking past Vincent, who chuckled.

"Cameron! I'm not a child!" Valeria yelled, fighting me.

"Then stop acting like one," I responded.

We stepped onto the elevator, and I pushed the button to close the doors. I stood there as Valeria pouted.

"You can pout all you want, but it won't work," I mentioned.

"Then tell me where you're taking me," Valeria demanded.

"Nope, you have to wait," I replied, pissing Valeria off.

"Cameron, I have work to do. As my assistant, I demand you take me back," Valeria ordered me.

I glanced at Valeria. "When has demanding ever worked with me?" I questioned.

Valeria looked at me as I gave her a knowing look.

"Please take me back," Valeria begged.

"No," I answered.

Valeria sighed and conceded defeat. The elevator doors opened, and we stepped off, walking to the car. We got in, and I pulled out, driving to a destination. It was something I planned since Vincent's conversation with me.

I pulled into a driveway and parked the car, getting out of it. I stood in front of a house as Valeria emerged from the vehicle. She walked over to me and stood there. Our breaths showed in the crisp air. I walked to the front door and turned the handle as Valeria followed me.

Once inside, I closed the door. Valeria looked around the house, then looked at me.

"Where are we?" Valeria asked me.

I looked at Valeria. "I thought you needed a home. Well, we needed a home," I mentioned, surprising Valeria.

"Are you asking me to move in with you?" Valeria asked me.

"I figure it's better than a hotel. Plus, I enjoy waking up next to you and handling Charlotte. I know how fussy you get with spiders," I retorted.

Valeria gave me an unamused look and shook her head. I chuckled.

"What if I don't want to live with you? You might have cooties," Valeri informed me.

I walked over to Valeria and wrapped my arms around her, then pulled her close to me.

"You didn't think I had cooties the first time we made love," I responded, making Valeria blush. I smirked.

*******
Valeria

I pulled away from Cameron, walking through the house, looking at it. It wasn't the same size as my parent's house, but it was cozy and spacious. It had a living room, dining room, and kitchen. There was a half bath on the first floor.

I went up the stairs to the second level and found four bedrooms, a bathroom, and the master bedroom had a bathroom. I walked over to the window in the master bedroom and looked out to see a spacious yard.

I felt arms wrap around my waist. I stood there, admiring the view.

"What do you think?" Cameron asked me.

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

Cameron removed his arms and turned me to face him. He noticed my tear streak cheeks. "What's wrong?" Cameron asked me with concern.

"I never had someone want to make a life with me," I said, shrugging.

"That's because we were stubborn to see what was in front of us," Cameron mentioned.

"You want a life with me?" I questioned.

Cameron took my hands in his and held them. "I want everything with you," he answered.

"I can't produce children," I reminded Cameron.

"It doesn't matter. We'll adopt," Cameron replied.

"I'm stubborn and demanding," I warned.

"I noticed," Cameron mentioned.

"I have my father's temper," I added.

"I have my dad's understanding," Cameron countered.

"There are days that I'll drive you insane," I said.

"You already drive me insane. I think I can handle some nutty days," Cameron reasoned, smiling.

I looked at Cameron and smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him. He pulled me close, deepening the kiss.

We broke from our kiss, and I hugged Cameron. With Richard, I settled for deceit and no love. I thought I didn't need love in my life, then one day, I faced a battle alone. I figure if the treatment didn't work and I died, then I didn't have anyone to leave behind with my death.

That changed with Cameron. The boy I grew up with, and competed with, turned out to be the person I needed. He showed me love, kindness, and compassion. He took care of me when I was a mess and never judged me. He did the one thing Richard could never offer. He gave me unconditional love without strings attached.

Who doesn't want that kind of love?