Heart to heart conversation

Valeria

I woke up to see Cameron asleep next to me. A small smile curled upon my lips. It was nice to wake up next to someone, even if they tolerate you. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed, walking to the bathroom. I wanted to take a shower.

I didn't realize when I got out of bed, hair laid on my pillow. I turned on the shower, setting the temperature of the water, then removed my clothes. I stood on the shower and water hit my skin, washing up. As I washed my hair, I noticed more in my hands and sobbed.

I know I shouldn't cry, but it devastated me. How do you handle losing more of yourself? You don't. It crushes you that something takes control of your life.

I turned off the shower and reached for a towel as someone handed me one. I took it and wrapped it around my body, then opened the shower curtain. I looked at Cameron.

"More hair came out," I whispered, clenching my towel.

"I saw your pillow," Cameron mentioned.

I put my hand on my head. "I should get used to losing my hair. I mean, it's only hair. Right?" I asked, looking at Cameron.

"I will call you Mrs. Clean," Cameron joked, making me giggle.

"That's dumb and insensitive," I mentioned.

"Yeah, but it got you to laugh," Cameron said, smiling.

I nodded as I walked past him and went into the bedroom. Cameron gave me privacy. I guess he thought I didn't need someone gawking at me. It's not like there is much to ogle anyway.

I dressed and walked over to the bed, then sat down, brushing my hair. It didn't matter because I saw hair in the hairbrush. I sighed.

******
Cameron

I knocked on the door. "Valeria? Are you decent?" I asked through the door.

"Yes," Valeria answered.

I opened the door to see her sitting on the bed, holding a hairbrush.

"Did you want some breakfast?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry," she replied, looking at the hairbrush.

I walked over and sat down next to her on the bed. I took the hairbrush from her hands and started brushing her hair carefully. Valeria said nothing as I moved the brush along with her hair gently. I finished and handed her the brush.

"There, all finished, and I was careful," I reasoned.

She took the brush from me, then gave me a look. "It's a matter of time before I lose all my hair," Valeria told me.

"Well, when that happens, we can get creative with your head," I replied.

"I'll look hideous," Valeria mentioned.

"Or you will look amazing," I countered.

She scoffed as I smirked.

"You need to eat," I mentioned.

"I'm not hungry. All I want to do is sleep," Valeria replied.

"Okay, I will make your food, then you can take a nap," I responded. Valeria gave me a look, and I stood up, then left the bedroom. She may think she will refuse food, but I won't let that happen.

*****
Valeria

I laid down, waiting for Cameron. I know he wants me to eat, but I didn't have an appetite. If I did eat, I vomited. Tomorrow is another treatment. I know I agreed to the aggressive treatment, but I felt like I was losing the battle.