Landon and Quinn's wedding

Valeria

The night before the wedding, Lexie, Quinn, Emilia, Emmy, and Gretchen stayed the night at the house. While Dad spent time with Landon, Cruz, Joe, Asher, Bradley, and Santino, Jason and Sergio were on babysitting duties. Katelynn, Ryan, and Noah were handling last-minute items for the reception.

We sat around the living room floor, and I worked on the bandana that Cameron made me. I replaced the jewels that fell off so that I could wear it tomorrow.

"Honey, what are you doing?" Mom asked me, pointing to the bandana.

"I'm fixing the bandana that Cameron made me," I answered, focusing on what I was doing as everyone watched me. I didn't hear Dad come in through the back door.

"What about the headpiece that's your dad bought for you?" Mom inquired.

"It's lovely, but Cameron made this for me after my hair fell out. He said I should look like a queen because that's what I was. I know people might laugh, but it means something to me," I answered as Mom looked at me with surprise.

"Cameron always found unique ways to make people happy," Emmy mentioned.

I looked at Emmy curiously.

"Cameron would make me these crazy things as gifts. One time, he made me a mud pie for my birthday," Emmy said.

"You didn't eat it, did you?" Gretchen asked.

"Oh, God, no. I pretended to eat it, then threw out the back door, smacking Cruz in the face with it," Emmy said, making us laugh.

"Yeah, I remember that," Cruz whispered to Dad, rolling his eyes.

"Well, the women seem to have everything under control. Let's finish up for tomorrow," Dad whispered as he and Cruz left.

I finished the bandana and smiled. I managed to replace the jewels with other ones and get them ready for tomorrow. I didn't care if the bandana looked ridiculous. I would wear it with honors.

********
The next day, I awoke. Mom checked on me as I rubbed my eyes.

"Come downstairs and have breakfast before you get ready for the wedding," Mom suggested.

"Okay," I yawned, standing up, then lost my balance.

Mom helped me as I stood there for a minute.

"Valeria?" Mom asked with concern.

"I'm okay. I felt a little light-headed. It happens from time to time. The doctor explained that my body was recovering from treatment," I answered.

Mom nodded and helped me downstairs. We walked into the kitchen, and I sat down as everyone looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You look a little pale," Lexie mentioned.

"After I eat, I'll feel better," I reasoned.

Mom set a plate of food in front of me. I started eating, and I felt better. My color returned. I didn't finish my meal since my stomach shrank from not wanting to eat. Mom handed me some medication to take.

After breakfast, we went upstairs to shower and dress. I showered, then put on my dress. I added a little makeup to cover up the thinning of my face. Then I put Cameron's bandana on my head.

Mom checked on me. "Ready?" She asked.

"Yes," I answered as I followed her out of the bathroom and downstairs. Dad was waiting for us. I walked over to him. "I hope you don't mind that I didn't wear the headpiece you bought me."