Growing closer

Cameron

After the day with the picnic, I wanted to show Valeria how to live life. Since she had less than two weeks free from treatments, it would give me an opportunity. I knew what I had planned for the next day.

While Valeria slept, I got out of bed, dressed, then went to set up her surprise. I made my way to the docks and climbed up into the boat her dad owned. I checked it out and made a call.

I waited as I saw Dad walk down the dock and climbed a ladder to the deck. He handed me the key, and I took it.

"Why do you have the key to Vincent's boat?" I asked.

"Because Vincent didn't want a repeat of what happened the last time he left the key," Dad told me.

"I doubt some psycho killer would hunt us down since he's dead," I reasoned.

"You have a lot to learn about Vincent. You make a lot of enemies in business," Dad reasoned. "So, why did you want the key?"

"I want to surprise Valeria today and take her out on her dad's boat. The doctor gave her two weeks before she resumes treatment. I want her to enjoy herself before it's back to business as usual," I explained.

"Be careful," Dad warned me. I nodded as he left the boat. I set everything up, making sure there were food and enough gas in the tank. I didn't need us stranded out in the lake.

After I finished, I climbed down and walked on the dock towards the house. Today we would spend the day on the boat together.

******
Valeria

I slept contented, then I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I opened my eyes and turned my head to see Cameron looking at me.

"Morning," Cameron said.

"Morning," I yawned, stretching. Then I lowered my arms and looked at Cameron.

"I have a surprise for you," Cameron told me.

I looked at Cameron. "Can't we stay in bed all day?" I asked.

"No, lazy. Plus, you spend enough time in bed. We have a small window to enjoy ourselves before you resume treatments," Cameron answered with a look.

I sighed. "Okay," I said, sitting up. Cameron got out of bed, held out his hands, and I took them as he helped me out of bed. I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I waited until the water warmed enough to get in, then undressed. I stepped inside and let the water hit my skin.

I heard the shower curtain open, then closed. I felt hands on my body as Cameron moved his hands over my body.

"You know that I'm capable of washing my body," I mentioned.

"I'm aware, but I enjoy washing your body," Cameron replied as I turned my head and gave Cameron a look. He reached up and touched my head gently. "I like taking care of you."

A smile curled upon my lips.

"Now, let me finished so that you can enjoy your surprise," Cameron said.

I let Cameron finish washing me; then, I returned the favor. I turned off the shower, grabbing a towel, and wrapped it around me. I got out of the tub and walked over to the mirror. I used a hand towel to wipe the mirror and looked in the mirror.

Then I felt arms wrap around my waist as I looked back at Cameron in the mirror. He rested his head on top of my head.

"You make me feel beautiful," I said, looking in the mirror.