Planning

Richard

I sat at the table in my kitchen, looking at divorce papers along with bank statements and a foreclosure notice. My anger grew, looking at everything. That stupid whore cost me everything, and she would pay for it. If Vincent Powers wants to take things from me, I'll return the favor.

I got up and pushed everything off the table in a fit of rage. Men like Vincent Powers ruins people and destroys them. I made sure to stay under the radar, and thanks to his bitch of a daughter, I lost everything.

I stood there with my hands on my waist. I wonder what Vincent would do if he lost his precious daughter? I know Valeria has that bodyguard, but that wouldn't stop me from what I have planned.

I remember the few times Valeria and I talked. She mentioned a beach house located close to Cedar Village nestled close to Lake Michigan. Something told me that I would find what I needed. Oh, Valeria, you and your father will pay for what you did to me.

I walked into the bedroom towards the closet. I opened the door and pulled down a lockbox. I carried it over to the bed and sat down, unlocking it. I lifted the lid and pulled out a 9mm gun, loading the cartridge inside. I held the gun out in front of me, then aimed, firing a shot into the wall. It was enough to put a bullet in someone's head.

I stood up, placing the gun into the back of my waistband, then left the bedroom, making my way to the front door. I grabbed my keys and left. I got into the car and backed out, then driving to Cedar Village. I knew what I wanted to do. First, I needed to watch; then, when the time is right, I would destroy Vincent Powers's life as he did with mine.

I pulled into Cedar Village, driving down a road towards down. I found a parking spot and parked the car, then put my gun in the glove compartment, before getting out of the vehicle. I walked down the sidewalk, coming to a real estate business. I went inside as a woman greeted me.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked me.

"I do believe you can. I'm looking for a beach house. I heard Vincent Powers bought a house in the area, and I was looking for something relatively close to it," I replied, acting cordial.

"Are you friends with Mr. Powers?" The woman questioned.

"Yes, we're associates, and he mentioned how relaxing the area is around here. I wanted to surprise my girlfriend," I answered calmly.

"Let me see what listings we have, then I can set up a showing," the woman informed me.

"That would be wonderful," I replied, smiling.

I followed the woman to her desk and sat down in a chair in front of it. She sat down in a chair and entered information into her computer, bringing up listings of houses for sale.

"It seems we have a few listings in that area. I could schedule showings for next week," the woman suggested.

"That would be fantastic. Do you mind if I could get the addresses and drive past the homes? I want to get a feel for the neighborhood. I wouldn't want my girlfriend to fee uncomfortable," I reasoned.

"I'll print up a list," the woman said, clicking a mouse. I heard a printer run, and the woman got up from her desk, walking over and pulling pages from it. She brought it over and handed it to me. I took the pages from her and smiled.

"Thank you, you've been a tremendous help," I replied, standing up.

"Can I get your name?" The woman asked me.

"Yes, it's Rick Haywood," I answered. The woman leaned over her desk and wrote the name down. I turned and left the office before she saw me go. I got what I needed, and there's no need for further interaction with the realtor.