Returning to work

Valeria

I returned to work with a new agreement from Dad. I didn't want special treatment but knew my boundaries. Doctor appointments were mandatory. I received an assistant and worked with Dad closely. He guided me with business acquisitions while monitoring contracts.

I sat at my desk, working on a business deal when I heard a knock at my door. I looked up from the computer screen to see Dad standing there.

"Valeria, I scheduled an interview with your new assistant. I require your presence," Dad informed me.

"Dad, I declined your offer," I reminded Dad.

"It's non-negotiable," Dad replied as I sighed. He turned and left as I sat in my chair. I learned not to argue with Dad about his offers. An argument got me nowhere except for a difficult time.

I stood up and followed Dad to a conference room, then sat down. He sat down in a chair next to mine, and Sylvia showed the person to the conference room. It stunned me when I saw who it was.

"Please, sit, Mr. O'Brien," Dad told Cameron, who sat in a chair across from Dad.

I sat there, watching Dad as he opened a folder and pulled out a contract. He placed it on the table and slid it over to Cameron.

"I drafted a contract regarding your position with the company. If you read 5B regarding duties, it states that you report to Valeria Powers and excite all tasks required. I expect you to understand the requirements of the job?" Dad questioned Cameron.

"Yes, sir," Cameron answered.

"Furthermore, I included clauses in your contract. They state the following: you make sure Valeria meets her appointments, that she doesn't give excuses regarding said appointments," Dad explained, shooting me a knowing look.

I rolled my eyes. I'm an adult, not a child. I know how vital my doctor appointments are with my recovery.

"You act as Valeria's assistant and bodyguard, making sure she doesn't overwork and reduces stress," Dad added.

"I think I have a way to help Miss Powers reduce stress," Cameron mentioned. Dad arched an eyebrow at Cameron as I shook my head. Cameron smiled.

"If you defile my daughter, you endure a difficult existence," Dad warned Cameron.

Cameron's smile disappeared.

"I do believe that this new arrangement suits Valeria's situation," Dad mentioned.

"Yes, sir," Cameron answered.

"Please read the contract and sign," Dad ordered Cameron.

Cameron read the entire contract before signing it - smart man. He slid the contract back to Dad as I sat there curiously. Dad placed the paperwork back into the folder and left. I looked at Cameron.

"Your dad offered me a position as your assistant/bodyguard. He figured you need help. I thought I would keep you focused," Cameron mentioned.

"Oh, did you?" I questioned.

Cameron stood up and walked over to me. He swiveled my chair to face him as he leaned on the armrests.

"Yes, I did," Cameron said, making my heart race. When you spend enough time with someone, you become accustomed to their flirty nature.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked.

Cameron smiled as I looked at him inquisitively.

*******
Cameron