Hennessy Hayes

TEN

Harry and I perched we on the roof that overlooked the loading bay, the sun was just about coming over the fences. Four had gone around the back, in hopes of being able to get a hold of one of the orange vials.
"How's it looking?" Four asked through the handheld radio.
Harry picked it up," Yep, no one is out here, and the crates are just out in the open."
"Do any of them have a blue eye?"
"Yeah, all of them," I said.
I could imagine Four rolling his eyes, giving me that pointed disapproving look.
"Just keep an eye out for me."

Harry held to binoculars to his face, changing the focus every as he swept the area. On the ground, four pried open one of the containers with a crowbar; taking a handful of different things before closing the lid.
"Shit." I whispered pointing to the left corner."
Harry took in a sharp breath, holding the radio close to his," Four go hide or do something."

From the roof, we watched him jump down, hiding behind the pillars keeping low to avoid detection. Like clockwork – the Erudite vans pulled up just as Max and Eric pulled open the metal door; the soldiers pulled out the two wooden crates as well as unmarked metal boxes.
One of the guards prise a new box opens, a new issued firearm in his hand. Taking the binoculars from Harry, I scanned the weapon for some kind of identification that we could use to research who was making them. There was no safety on the new rifles, a larger fixed magazine, they looked similar to the ones we already possessed making them easy to smuggle inside.

"Jeanine will be here later today, keep the initiates away" Max's voice was picked up on the radio.
"I'll do my best," Eric said sternly.
Turn it off, I mouthed pointing to the radio.
Harry nodded reaching for the device – accidentally sending white noise down the line.

"What was that?" Eric asked," Someone go look. Now!"

Left.
Right.
Left.
Right.
Left.
Ri -

"Guard dropped a radio!" Another called from the pillar next to Four; picking up the black box that was left in the open.

Letting out a breath, we watched the usual exchange took place; the leaders being the first two the leave followed by the soldiers that were loyal to them; the metal door slamming shut behind them.
After a few minutes, Four stood in the middle of the dock, his hands on his hips looking down to the ground then back up at us.
"What the fuck was that!" His voice travelled.
"Shut up before we get caught!" I yelled back.

Harry and I left the roof, saying polite 'good mornings' to the people coming off the fence. We made our way to Four's apartment, taking the spare key that sat on the left side of the outer door frame.

Inside it was a simple as a one-bedroom apartment could be; it was pretty much exactly how it was given to him; the sofa was standard issue, the dining table, and storage units. The bathroom had been placed inside the faux support beam in the middle of the place. Similar to mine, the broken windows had been replaced with coloured glass, this means that half the room was in red light whereas the other half was in white light. Across the room, the bedroom door was left open; on the wall above the bed in black paint were the words 'Fear God Alone.'

Just by looking around, it was clear that today's miniature robbery was the first act of defiance he has committed since being here. I had my feet up on the table as we waited for him to come back, Four kept a Glock under the table when the lock started to rattle I shot forwards my hand grabbing the grip; popping the popper on the holster.
Harry stayed hidden behind the pillar, a kitchen knife in his hand.
"You guys are the worst back-up this side of the fence."

My muscles relaxed as Four flipped the switch, Harry came back around the corner putting the knife back in the block. He made his way over to the table; taking a seat next to me as Four sat opposite.
"What did you find?" I asked as he emptied his pockets.
He shrugged," Three orange things, several shipping manifests."
"Wow. We love a good shipping manifest." I gasped.
Four raised an eyebrow," Your sarcasm isn't appreciated."
"Nothing is appreciated until you no longer have it."
The two boys looked at me, blinking not saying a thing.
"Or not it would seem."