Hennessy Hayes

EIGHT

Al Vs Will

The two friends entered the ring.
I sat crossed-legged on a desk chair we had pulled from the storage cupboard around the corner. Eric was in a morning-long meeting letting Four and I run Initiation as we planned. Final fights where in the next week so they might as well get us to the idea.

"No hard feelings?" Will asked as they circled each other.
Al shook his head," No."

Will used Al's large build against him, taking out his legs first knocking him to the ground – keeping up his stance even though his opponent was on the ground. Al got back up, holding his stance.
Both boys took several hits, Al's nose was bleeding, and Will had a good shiner blossoming over his left eye

The two circled each other in the ring, staying on the cushioned white matt. Cutting out an apple slice, I ate it off the blade – Tris gave me a funny look which I shrugged off completely.

Will took a few more hits to the face, too many that would be considered health – his eyes rolled back into his head and he lay unconscious on the white matt.
Instead of looking proud or at least relieved, Al looked like he was going to cry. He helped load Will onto the gurney, watching as he was taken to the hospital; he had more of an Amity Aptitude than a Dauntless one if he was showing remorse this early on.

Four nodded slowly, "Right ok, Drew Vs Peter!"

Leaving their belongings at the stone steps, they powdered their hands - slapping his hands together the dust clouded around as they stepped into the ring.
Both taking the same stance, they circled each other a couple of times – each one calculating the other's next move.
On the third rotation, I was getting bored.
Stepping before he punches, Peter made two jabs at the throat then a punching his friends face a few times whilst he was bent over caught off guard; Drew fell to his knees.
Not wanting to give up, he swiped Peter's legs from under him. Peter took several punches to the face – I smiled in delight for a few seconds longer than I'd like to admit.
Peter punched the Solar Plexus, winding Drew so he would stop hitting his face – getting up, Peter kicked him in the face rendering Drew Unconscious.

The remaining five initiates in the room looked terrified.

"How are we going to fight?" Molly asked," it's an odd number."
Four shrugged, "not a clue, punch yourself unconscious."
"Four."
He nodded looking at me, "What?"
"Don't be a dick."
Four shrugged.

Rolling my eyes, I stood up, "Everyone! Help me put the target board up before lunch."
The three girls held set up the seven targets, holding them up as I bolted them together, Peter added the weights to the bottom as Al added the A-frame. Standing back, when it didn't fall – I was subsequently relieved.
On the person-shaped blue Perspex, there were several holes from past initiations as well as wooden splitters where the knives didn't make it.

The initiates went off the lunch, leaving us to set up for this afternoon.
Sitting back on the desk chair, I finished the apple leaving me with the knife in my hands, the tip of the blade on my finger as I turned it around. Four walked up to me, hands in his front pockets, looking stressed as anything.
"What's up?" I asked.
He looked around," Erudite, they are coming in every morning, too early for anyone to notice."
"How are they getting in?" I questioned.

Four gestured to the right," The abandoned entryway, I went down there when the cameras went out."
"Is that were the computers are getting in?"
He nods," looks like it."
"I say we keep an eye on it." I said," get up at sunup and watch what they do."
Four sighed, "Sure, tomorrow we kidnap Harry and see what's happening."
"Good – can't flip it on its head till we know what going on." I sighed, "Oh and here comes Eric and the entourage."