Chapter 32 The Invitation

Start from the beginning

"Doesn't it bother you?"

"Sometimes. I do wish I know who my father and brother are, but I wish a lot of things. I wish I ran away from my adoptive parents. I wish my mother kept me. I wish Zane was here still..."

Lifting my head up towards my ceiling as I blink my eyes. The wishes were all true that I don't tell anyone. I have a love/hate relationship with my mother that I never met. I love her for having me and being able to give me such power. But for her to leave me and not leave a note with my adoptive parents. No sign of my father or knowing I had a brother. Now that's where I am upset.

Arms wrapped around my waist and head in the corner of my neck. Soft short hair brushing against my neck, Nya was hugging me.

"I'm sorry. I don't understand how you feel, but Kai mostly raised me after my mom and dad left." Her warm breath on my neck as she spoke with sadness in her voice.

"It's okay, Nya," I say slipping out of her hug turning and looking at her eyes. "I'm sorry for you. Having parents leave and not return hurts a lot."

"I know... I still miss them," she whispers adverting her eyes from me.

"Hey!" I call out grabbing her wrist. "I'm here for you. Understand that. If you need to talk to anyone, I'm here for you." Wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her into a hug. Her arms swinging around my neck.

"Thank you..."

A hand knocking on the outside of my door, I peek my eyes looking towards my door. I didn't know who it could be because no one besides Nya has stopped by.

"Y/n? I have-" the door opens and the blonde boy stops looking at Nya and me. "Did I stop in during girl time?"

I laugh letting go of Nya, "Yes, Lloyd. Yes you did."

He chuckles scratching the back of his neck, "Sorry about that. I have to tell you something."

'What? What does he have to tell me? I don't think he likes be too.'

"I'll get going then," Nya says looking back at me with a smirk. Walking past Lloyd down the hall.

"Uh... what is it, Lloyd?"

Feeling my heart rate rise up as I wanted for him to talk. It felt like years before he spoke.

"We have to talk to the ninja at Chen's Noodles."

"...what?"

Walking down the street holding my long sleeves. Wearing a baggy hoodie, sweatpants, and sandals is the best comfy outfit ever. I should have at least put some effort into my outfit, but I was in a rush. Lloyd took forever to tell me so I only had a few minutes.

"You could have joined me," I say looking at Lloyd's blonde hair bounced as he walked. 'So fluffy...'

"In what?"

"My lazy comfy outfit instead of your ninja suit." Pointing at me then at him.

"Well, I could have but I take forever getting this off. I think I have been putting on weight," Lloyd comments rubbing his tummy.

My head looks at Lloyd, getting a really good look at him. He did put on weight but in muscles. His shoulders look broader and his arms have muscle definition. As Lloyd moved his hands from his tummy, I noticed something. It wasn't a tummy. It was abs.

"You checking me out?"

Jumping up shaking my head. Waving my arms, "No! No! No! I was just seeing if you put on weight as you said! Definity not checking you out!"

"Mhm..." he raised his eyebrows at me with his soft smile. Opening the door stepping aside, his hand directing me to enter.

Entering the restaurant, I see Cole sitting in a booth. Room for one more person to sit next to him. 'I'm going to be crushed...'

Sitting down next to Lloyd, we began a conversation. Soon enough, Jay came. And of course, he refused to sit next to Cole.

"Jay... just sit next to him, please..." I ask feeling my shoulders pressed up against Lloyd and Jay.

"Nope! Sit on your boyfriends lap instead!"

My face lit up like fire, my face felt like fire. "I... I am not... not dating... dating him!"

"Your stutter says otherwise!"

"He tricks you guys too?"

My eyes looked to my left seeing Kai sitting down next to Cole. It was nice to see him and the others together. Just doesn't feel the same without Zane. He made the team a team.

"Ok, since you all are here. I think we should talk about something..." Lloyd says softly pausing for a few seconds. "I think we should look for another ninja."

"What!?"

"Are you crazy!?"

"That's insane!"

"No! You idiot!" I shout slapping his chest. "Zane is irreplaceable!"

"I agree with Y/n," agrees Cole.

"Maybe if there is no Zane. There is no team," comments Kai crossing his arms.

The table went dead silent. If there is no team, there is no point of me being here with them. I would have to leave and find an apartment. Maybe live in that old place I was in before.

"Looks like we have trouble..."

I noticed three guys asking for money from the cashier. He refused, but they seemed pretty scary. "We have to go help," I say pushing Jay out of the seat.

Walking up to the cashier behind the guys. Tapping one of the guys' shoulders, he turns around. "Hey, make your own money." Swinging my fist hitting his cheek knocking him back.

Catching the attention of the two others, the swung. But was stopped by Cole. "Step back, Y/n. They touched my food."

'Hangry... hangry boy...'

Stepping back to where the ninja stood. I see Jay stare at me intensely, "You pushed me..."

"Sorry, I just didn't want anything bad to happened to the cashier man."

"You still could have asked me to move."

"Well, I could have-"

"You two quit bickering and follow us!"

A sigh escaped my lips running out the back door to where they guys went out. But they weren't there. No sign of escape too.

"What is this?"

Following the crowd, I saw a paper pinned to the wall by a weapon. A picture and writing on it. A picture of Zane.

Lloyd's hand reaching out pulling the paper off. I look over to the paper to see what it says. "It says, he's alive."

Gasps escaping our mouths as I stared at the picture of Zane. It was a clear and well-drawn picture of him. I haven't even seen these people around Ninjago, even from back when I was on the streets. They must have been from somewhere else.

Reaching out to the fortune cookie and opening mine up, I read it.

'Serpentine Blood is very unique. Never have seen the power of it before. I would love to see it during a personal fight...'

'They know...?'