Chapter 27

~Lilith's POV~

The cold wind cuts my face. My fingers are red from the force and the cold they have to endure. I keep my head up, knowing that when I look down, I probably will get dizzy from the height. The sun hasn't risen yet. The palace ground is quiet and dark. Nobody notices me climbing the tower.

The stones feel cold under my fingers as I try to make my way up. With the help of my feet the first part went well. The stones below stick out a little which helps. The last few meters however do not have that many stones on which I can support my feet.

I can see that the window is slightly ajar. I support myself on the stones who stick out and prepare myself for my toughest climb.

I can do this, just a couple more meters.

I take a deep breath and continue my climb. My muscle tense and in the last meters my arms start shaking from the intense effort.

I finally reach the window and pushes it open with my hand. I swing my arm in and hold it as if my life depended on it. Which is the case.

As silent as I can I sneak inside. When I finally place both of my feet on safe ground I look up.

Two emerald green eyes look frightened at me, but relaxes once they recognize me.

"Lilith? W-w-what... H-h-how... Why are you coming from the window?" The Prince finally asks after some stumbling.

"You Highness." I sate as I bow. "The reason for my visit is life threatening for you."

"Please don't bow or say 'your Highness'." He says with a pained look. "And why are you threatening your life by climbing this absurd height instead of taking the stair like a normal person?"

"Long story short, I had to visit my friend to tell him I am still alive, but before I left, I checked to see if every threat was indeed eliminated. Thankfully I recognize faces well and saw that your former Royal Guard Sir Brad was missing." I shake my hands trying to remove the cramp. "When I came back, I wasn't allowed inside. First off, I am banned. Besides, no visits are allowed. So, I had to sneak in... again."

"So, you risked your life to warn me?" the Prince asks shocked.

"Yeah, I mean it's still kind of my job since I am not fired yet. Also, it would be a shame for all my effort to let you die now." I state.

The Prince chuckles and walks past me to close the window. "Wouldn't want another insane person to sneak in my room, right?"

"Excuse me! Are you calling me insane?" I reply mocking hurt.

The Prince swings his arm around me and laughs. "Well I am very happy you are the insane person who is going to protect me."

I feel my blood rush to my cheeks. "I feel honoured... Prince."

The Prince notices this and winks at me. "You can call my Seth."

He removes his arm and sits on his bed.

"So, what is your plan?" He asks.

I shrug." I don't know... well for one you have to stay here longer since this is the safest room. I mean there is only one entrance."

Seth gives me a pointed look.

"Okay maybe two, but like you said, only insane people will take the second entrance. You could have someone stay posted inside your room to be sure." I suggest.

"I would like to keep you in my room." He smirks.

My mouth hangs open form his bluntness. I recover quickly. "Not gonna happen."

He sighs. "That's a bummer."

"I am sure your new heads of security have a great plan."

He nods. "We should probably inform them."

I point at him. "You should inform them. I am still banned, remember?"

He sighs in annoyance and opens his door. I expect him to close the door behind, but he instead drags a Guard inside.

The Guard, Sir Chris Klapton, looks at me surprised. "Damon? I mean Lilith." He notices my weapons and immediately draws his sword.

I quickly draw my own knife. "Hey Chris, long time no see."

"Well the last time I saw you, you were still Damon who was going to form an alliance with the prisoner." He replies. "I was kind of shocked when it turned out you were a criminal, banned from the palace?"

"Yep, I was going to leave unnoticed, but someone" I look at Seth. "needed to bring you here."

Seth looks from Chris to me and snaps out of his daze. "Both of you lower your weapons."

Chris and I both lower our weapons hesitantly looking each other in the eye in case one of use tries to do something.

"You Highness, your Father ordered all the guards to kill her on sight." Chris states watching me.

"Well, I remove that order." Seth states.

Chris wants to object, but Seth holds his hand up.

"I know she is breaking the rules, for now." He takes a breath and looks at me, I look at him confused.

For now?

"I, Prince Seth Robert Bjerg, hereby withdraw the banishment of Lilith Roqburn."

Both Chris and I look at him shocked.

"You can't do that!" I exclaim and Chris franticly nods in agreement.

"Well I just did, and Chris here is my witness." Seth replies smugly. "Now, Lilith, will you let me have the honour to escort you to my security team?"

I look at him, my mouth agape. I'm trying to comprehend what just happened. I look to Chris and see him as confused as I am.

Seth takes matters in his own hands and grabs my hand dragging me with him.

"You three." The three other guards posted outside his room look at him and then notice me. They look wary at me.

"I want you to update miss Lilith Roqburn's status. She is no longer a criminal; all her punishments are lifted by me." He points over his shoulder. "Your college is the witness. Now if you would excuse me."

He continues to walk on tugs me with him. I finally am recovered from the shock and look at him.

"You do realize what you just did?" I state. "You just overruled your Father, the King's order!"

"So?" He glances at me. "He told me to act more like a King, so I acted more like a King."

"I don't think he meant overruling his commands."

"Probably not, but what is done is done." He says with a shrug.

We walk through the corridors and finally reach the office of the security system. Seth opens the door for me to walk in.

We enter the room and I notice a lot of Guards around a meeting table, including Dylan, Isaac and Lily.

"Lilith!" I turn around and am enfold in a hug by Geronimo. "You made it inside."

"I see you did too." I reply as I hug back.

Someone clears his throat and we let each other go.

"However emotional this moment may be, we have to get started." Isaac states.

We all take a seat and wait for Dylan, Isaac of Lily to start.

Dylan turns his attention to Seth. "I take it you came to tell about the danger that is called Brad?"

Seth nods and looks at Geronimo, knowing he was the one I needed to visit. "I take it you told the same story as Lilith?"

"Yes, I've told those three" Geronimo points at Lily, Isaac and Dylan. "what Lilith told me."

"Great." Isaac states. "Now that we are all on the same page, we have to formulate a plan."