Chapter 21

~Lilith's POV~

In the distance I hear someone yell. I try to focus and keep my conscious.

"That's enough, David!" Someone yells, I think its Brad. "We need her alive."

My head is pulled up again and I gasp for some air.

"Fine, bring her to box 12." David orders Xavier and Rob.

They start unshackling me and pull me out of the water. My legs feel numb and my feet are purple. Once they put me back on my feet, I feel my legs give out. Luckily Rob holds a tight grip on my arm and keeps me up. They start dragging me down the corridor. Water is dripping from my trembling body.

"Do you have a death wish?" Xavier suddenly asks. "Cause sooner or later you'll die from keeping your mouth shut."

"I don't have a death wish." I answer his question, but ignore his other comment.

"Is the Prince really worth it?" Rob asks. "What has he done for you?"

I think before I answer. I owed the Prince. The first day I came to the palace, I disrespected him and he saved my life. Kind off. But I saved his life for now, so I am not really in debt anymore. The only thing stopping me from telling is Ophelia.

I shrug. "It's hard to explain." I mumble.

"Oooeehhh, you love the Prince!" Xavier exclaims. "I am sorry to pop your bubble, but the Prince won't fall for a village girl."

"I do not love the Prince." I say through clenched teeth. "I owe someone."

They both look at me questioningly. "Who?" Xavier asks.

I look away not answering the question.

They suddenly stop in front of a small door, like a locker. They open it and Rob motions me to go inside.

"They... we are going to give you sleep deprivation." He explains as I walk inside the box where I can barely stand in.

"Just think about this," Xavier starts. "is that person really worth your life?" He closes the door and both men walk away.

I stand uncomfortably in the small box. I am both physically and mentally drained from the torturing.

I could kill anyone for a nice bed.

I rest my head against the wall and try to stand in a comfortable position. I close my eyes hoping I could fall asleep standing like this. That's when I feel ice cold water slashed in my face. I open my eyes and I am met by a pair of familiar eyes.

"Tsssk, tssk, none of that sleeping here." Brad states. "I'll keep an eye on you and I'll make sure you won't sleep." He laughs. "You are going to regret your life decisions."

And he didn't fool around

*

*

*

~Seth's POV~

It's the day after the interrogation and I just finished my lunch when I hear someone knocking on my door.

I open the door and I am met with three pair of eyes.

"You Highness." They all say as they bow.

"Sorry for interruption you afternoon." My Royal Guard Damon starts.

"It's urgent!" the maid Lily interrupts him. Both of the Royal Guards sigh.

I chuckle at her behaviour. "Come in." I say as I hold the door further open. Damon and Lily enter my room, but the other guard stays at the entrance.