Chapter 13

~Lilith's POV~

I spend the rest of the night in the library researching the alleys and enemies from this Kingdom. I decided that I will start with the neighbouring kingdoms, since they will have the biggest motive. I am too caught up in reading and making notes that I don't hear someone entering the room.

"We need to talk." Alarmed I look over to the person.

"Lily..." I breath out. "You startled me."

"Well that makes two of us." She states as she walks over to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Well Damon... or should I say Lilith." I feel my heart drop, but I try to hide the emotions in my face. "I was startled when I saw a dead woman looking me in the eye."

"What do you mean dead woman, what happened to Lilith?" I ask distressed. For a second Lily's face fell, but quickly regains herself and looks at me accusingly.

"For a moment, I thought I was wrong." She glares at me. Then looks at the books. "You could have told me! I want in." She states.

"You want in?" I ask, trying to keep my cover.

"Cut the crap, I know why you're here. I heard Ophelia and Benjamin the coward talking." Lily's eyes start welling up with tears. "She was my friend too."

"I know..." I sigh in defeat.

"You should lock your door when changing." Lily says.

"You saw me changing! When?" I say in terror.

"The first day you came here as Damon. After I walked away, I forgot some information. When I opened the door, I saw you bandage around the chest. I just connected the loose ends. Like everyone else can. You should be more careful." She explains.

"But the door didn't have a lock!" I defend myself.

"Well you could have blocked the door or something, what if one of the corrupt guards say you? You could have been executed!" She exclaims.

"You're right." I mutter.

"Of course, I am right." Lily smirks. "Now explain the plan."

"Well..." I look at her.

Can I trust her?

Lily gives me a knowingly look. "You don't trust me?"

I nod. "I barely know you."

"I get that." She sighs. "I just want those bastards gone, killed, dead, under the ground." She grits her teeth.

"That makes two of us." I repeat her words. She grins.

"I can give you the schedules of everyone." She offers. "The King's and Prince's included."

"I will take your offer."

"Yes!!!" Lily engulfs me in a hug. "For Ophelia." She whispers.

"For Ophelia." I answer.

*

*

*

Around three in the morning, I went to my room to catch some sleep. Thankfully, my new room has its own bathroom.

So now more sneaky showers for me!

I lock the door and stash my notes in my bag pack. I quickly change in some pyjamas and climb in my bed. It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep.

With four hours of sleep, I wake up. I quickly change in my attire and walk out of my room. I lock the door and place the small key on my necklace. Otherwise I will lose the key. On my way towards the dining hall I run into Dylan.