Twenty Seven

Rome

"Does it usually take this long?" Rome asked.

Dallas nodded, "It could take hours, depends really,"

Rome nodded just as a group of nurses ran down the corridor, talking about a patient who'd been shot, just as Arturo bounded down the corridor and Rome visibly gasped which caught Dallas' attention who shot up at the sight of Arturo.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I could ask you the same question!" He yelled.

Rome stepped into view, her eyes narrowing, "Laya went into labor,"

Arturo bit his lip, "Alejandro was hit,"

Rome felt her heart stop, "What?"

"Where?" Dallas asked.

"His arm,"

"How much blood did he lose?" Dallas asked.

"Is he alright? Where is he?" Rome asked.

Arturo ran his hands down his face, "I don't know and they just took him into surgery,"

Rome gulped, "Oh god,"

Dallas clasped her hand, "Hey, he'll be fine,"

Rome managed to take some deep breaths as she sat down, her thoughts scrambled together as her mind drifted to Alejandro being operated on.

"Did they find Sai?" Dallas asked.

But at this point Rome could no longer focus as Arturo's answer was lost to her. Minutes had turned into hours as the text messages both herself and Dallas had sent were finally met with replies.

"Alessando's Hoesssssss 👅"

Allegro: We got him, how's Alejandro?

Arturo: at the hospital & I suggest u read the messages from earlier unless Alessando and Elliot want to miss Laya giving birth.

Alessando: WHAT THE FUCK!

Elliot: This cannot be happening!!!!! 😩

Rome had fallen asleep when the rest of her family had come bounding down the halls, Elliot and Alessando in front of the group as the doctors led them into the room with Laya.

"The doctor say anything?" Allegro asked.

Rome shook her head as the remainder of the family crowded they waiting room as they awaited news.

~*~

Rome was leaning on Greece when the doctor come out with a smile on his face, "Martini?" He asked.

Everyone stood up immediately at the approaching physician, "You are all free to go in to see Laya, the babies were delivered safely,"

Rome suddenly fell silent before speaking, "I'm sorry, but do you know anything about another patient named Alejandro? He's currently in surgery."

The doctor shook his head, "No I'm sorry, unfortunately I don't, but if you'd like I could inquire for you,"

Rome nodded her head eagerly as she followed everyone inside. Rome smiled widely at the babies nestled against Laya's chest.
"A boy and a girl," Elliot said proudly.

"Have you guys decided on names?" Arturo asked.

Alessando nodded, "Franco and Elia,"

Rome smiled, "Their names are beautiful,"

Everyone seemed to agree as quiet conversation spread out across the room before Allegro walked over towards her, "We have Sai, he's locked securely in a safe house and will be taken care within a few days,"

Rome faced him nodding before taking a seat on the only free chair in the room, her mind running towards Alejandro. Just as the doctor stuck his head through the door and she perked up at his entrance.
"I was told to come in here for family for Alejandro Martini,"

"Yes," Rome spoke immediately.

"The surgery was a success, and within a few weeks of recuperation— he should be alright. He's asleep right now if you want to see him."

Rome nodded as the doctor took her to his room, she hadn't turned around to see who had followed her but as she stood at the foot of his bed, she couldn't help but trace his cheeks with her fingertips. His skin was cold and if she didn't know better she would have thought he was dead. Rome turned to Allegro who'd come into the room.

"Won't the hospital notify the police?" She asked.

Allegro smiled, "It's being handled."

"How?" She asked.

"I have a few contacts that usually take care of this kind of thing, and if anything is amiss, I'll be notified."

Rome nodded suddenly relieved as she retook her seat beside Alejandro. She clasped his hand in her own, thankful he was okay and no further damage had been done. According to the doctors he would wake up soon and Rome was patiently waiting for it to happen.

~*~

He woke up five hours later, when everyone was asleep, Rome felt her hair being massaged and she looked up to see grey eyes staring at her, a small smile on his lips that made her grin back.

"Finally!" She said hugging him, "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"A bit sore,"

Rome nodded, "Let me call the doctor,"

Moments later Alejandro had passed the final checkup but would have to stay in the hospital for a few more days for observation until he could be released.
"Where's Elliot and Alessando?" He asked.

Rome smiled, "Laya had the twins, a boy and a girl!"

Alejandro's eyes widened, "Tell them I said congratulations!"

Rome smiled just as Greece and Dallas entered the room and walked over to give Alejandro kissed on his cheeks, "Glad you're alright," Greece said smiling.

Alejandro nodded as Rome brought his hand to her lips before kissing it gently, "Seconded," she whispered so only he could hear.

~*~

That night Rome lay cuddled into Alejandro's hospital bed, the couple basking in each other's silence before Rome kissed his forehead as she studied his face.

أحبك
(I love you) she whispered.

Alejandro looked down at her softly, "What did you say?" He asked.

Rome smiled, "Ti amo," (I love you)

She saw his eyes widen before softening, "Ti amo," he answered.

"I love you so much,"