Three

Alejandro

"You're distracted?" Elliot noticed as they sat in the communications room.

Alejandro shook his head, "I'm not."

Alejandro saw Elliot lift his brows, "Okay, if you say so....."

Alejandro ignored Elliot's sarcasm and refocused his attention to the sheets of paper in front of them.  To be quite honest, Alejandro was distracted— distracted with a woman whom he'd seen two days ago. His behavior was appalling to him and every time he'd think of her green eyes he'd chastise himself for his wayward thoughts and force himself to forget because the past was not going to repeat itself; not again, not to him.

Alejandro furrowed his brows, Sai Khalil seemed like trouble and both himself and Elliot knew it. Although he posed no threat to them, he could foresee the man giving them some difficulty and then, there was the skeletons Elliot had managed to dig up referring to the mysterious death of his wife, Rome's mother and the other disappearances of at least three women after her. Neither of them had liked those stats as they readily filled Allegro in on their discovery.

Alejandro watched as Allegro pursed his lips, "The next meeting is tomorrow?" Allegro asked.

Alejandro nodded.

"Good, I'd like to know more. We don't go into business with men who hurt innocent women."

Alejandro and Elliot agreed before Allegro left the room and Elliot turned towards him.

"The daughter, Rome." Elliot began.

The mention of her name made Alejandro freeze,
"What about her?" his tone made Elliot lift a brow.

"I think something's happened to her— or it's already happening to her."

Alejandro nodded his head trying to seem unaffected whilst Elliot seemed to be giving him a once over. Alejandro agreed, the way she'd asked for them to come back, gave it all away not to mention the obvious limp when she walked; something was happening and as it turned out Elliot wanted to find out what it was.

"She was staring at you."

The statement snapped Alejandro out of his head.

"What are you......"

Elliot rolled his eyes, "Let me put it plainly, she's smitten or seems to be anyway."

Alejandro felt something tug in his stomach but ignored it as well as Elliot's statement.

"I know you're running Alejandro, running from the mistakes you made all those years ago but you can't run forever and maybe this girl may need you."

Alejandro scowled at the man, he really wished Elliot wasn't so perceptive. He really wished Elliot hadn't figured him out because he enjoyed being left alone to wallow; he enjoyed being the serious don't fuck with me brother; but over the course of the three years Elliot had lived on the compound, he'd become quite frankly, Alejandro's best friend which irked his brother and Elliot's boyfriend, Alessando terribly. Elliot knew everything about him, things he didn't want anyone to know, things not even Allegro and the rest of his brothers knew. But he also knew Elliot would take his secrets to the grave and he trusted him with his life.

Alejandro crossed his arms at the statement before Elliot gave him a pat on the shoulder, "I don't think I didn't see you looking at her too."

Alejandro scoffed making Elliot chuckle before they settled back into their work.

~*~

The next day Alejandro sat at the table with Greece, Allegro's wife on the other end. The woman had grown so much and Alejandro was grateful he was able to see it, her blonde hair was tied in a ponytail as her blue eyes focused on her phone in her hand. Alejandro remembered the first time he looked at her, the woman had ripped open wounds he hoped had healed; wounds that he'd caused. He was pissed at his brother, pissed at Allegro for not learning from his mistakes and bringing another woman home.