Twenty Two

Alejandro

Alejandro smiled as he watched Rome play with his nephews, the two boys had taken a liking to her and Alejandro found himself smiling at the sight of them. Rome cuddled and kissed Adriano-Brio who was giggling at the attention as Alonso bit the tip of his rattle as he sat on Rome's lap, a position he hadn't moved from in about ten minutes. As Alejandro watched them, the prospect of children crossed his mind, children with Rome.

He smiled softly to himself, he wasn't, never had been that fond of children but he knew Rome wanted children of her own and parenting with her by his side, Alejandro wouldn't mind one bit. His gaze was met with her green eyes as she smiled at him, waving him over to her seat on the floor. Alejandro shook his head but with another fake glare from Rome had him walking towards her and taking a seat on the floor.

Upon arrival of their uncle, Alonso gurgled happily and made grabby hands at him to which Alejandro complied taking the small child in his arms. Alonso kissed his face; or at least gave him his form of kisses which was spit on Alejandro's cheek. Rome giggled at the sight and Alejandro found himself rolling his eyes, fabulous, he always wanted spitty cheeks. As Alejandro sat with the children, they're attention drifted from Rome towards him as they both crawled  over an sat on his thighs.

Alejandro kissed both their foreheads quickly, smiling a bit before meeting Rome's gaze, her expression soft as she watched him.

"The boys love you you know," Rome said.

Alejandro sighed, "Well...."

Alejandro was suddenly cut off by a loud boom.

The noise shook the house only slightly, the boys immediately started crying as Rome jumped as Alejandro grabbed her and pulled her towards him. His body surrounding the three as he gritted his teeth at the sound. It sounded like a bomb. He frowned, "Stay here," he ordered, "I'm going to check it out."

Rome's eyes widened, "Be careful,"

Alejandro jogged to the door and towards the front of the compound, where he was sure the sound emanated from. Clouds of grey smoke filled the blue sky and Alejandro sneered at the fire near the front gate that was almost destroyed. His gaze was met by the furious eyes of his family.

"Adriano and Alonso?" Greece asked.

"Inside with Rome, they're fine," Alejandro finished.

Alejandro scanned the surrounding men for any injuries but everyone seemed rattled but okay. Alejandro and Allegro walked towards the damaged front gate and noticed the source of the bomb, or what was left of it.
"Elliot, search the security cameras for anything that could tell us who's responsible for this,"

Elliot nodded at Allegro's order as he walked away, "Whoever it was, they set it off prematurely," Arturo muttered, "No one was harmed,"

Alejandro's jaw locked, "Unless it was just to scare us,"

Allegro's gaze met his, "We've been waiting for him to act,"

"Sai? You think Sai did this?" Alessando asked.

Alejandro nodded grimly, "It makes sense,"

"It does," Allegro answered, "I'm going to make some calls to fix the damages,"

Alejandro nodded, "Have someone collect the debris,"

Moments later, everyone was huddled behind Elliot as he ran over the security clips. The mailman came out and dropped the box.

"Wait, zoom into the mailman's face,"

"I can't, his cap is covering," said Elliot.

Alejandro sighed, as he watched the mailman take a slip of paper out of his pocket and walk a far distance away from the box and stick the slip of paper on the wall before making his way back to his vehicle. Approximately five minutes later, the bomb had gone off and everyone stared at each other in disbelief.

"You think it's still there?" Alessando asked.

"One way to find out," Arturo answered.

They were careful where they stepped as they walked towards where they'd seen the mailman place the other item. Alejandro grabbed it, the paper had suffered through the explosion and the words weren't in any language he'd understand.

"It looks like Arabic,"

Allegro hummed in agreement, "Which confirms who was behind this,"

"I'll see if Rome can translate," Alejandro said.

He found Rome with Greece and Laya as they took care of the boys. Upon their approach, Rome hugged him tightly, "Everything okay?" She asked.

"No one was hurt but I need you to translate this for me," he answered.

Rome looked on in confusion as Alejandro handed her the piece of paper. She narrowed her eyes at the words and frowned, "Its Arabic but I don't exactly understand what it means, the explosion destroyed some of the writing," she pursed her lips, "—but one word I can make out is beginning,"

"Beginning?" Dallas spoke up.

"It's my father isn't it?" Rome asked.

Alejandro nodded.

"I think we all know what he's telling us," Allegro spoke up, "It was an error on my part to wait for his move, because today could have gone a totally different route." He sighed as Greece kissed his cheek in comfort, "Elliot, track that motherfucker, Arturo, reach out to our alliances and see if they've heard anything. We need to be prepared." Allegro muttered.

They all nodded before dispersing and Alejandro searched the room to find Rome sitting silently on the couch, "Why can't he leave you alone," she asked silently.

Alejandro wrapped her in his arms, kissing her softly, "Tesoro, it'll be alright,"

"What if it isn't," her eyes misted, "What if one of you gets hurt?"

Alejandro shook his head, "That's always a possibility, but we've been in this business a long time. We know how to handle things,"

There was a long pause as they just held each other, Rome's head resting on his chest and Alejandro ran his fingers through his hair, as he kissed her forehead every so often.

"When this is all over, he's going to be dead, isn't he?" She asked.

Alejandro nodded.