Sixteen

Rome

Rome watched silently as Alejandro was getting ready; he was clad in his usual black suit, his dark hair gelled back as his pink lips pursed as he tucked his guns into his waistband. The two metal weapons alerting Rome to the nature of this venture. Her green eyes scanning him up and down, her heart thumping in her chest as Alejandro ran his hand over his hair to smooth it over.

"Where did you say you were going again?" She asked.

"There are a few people that need to be taken care of," he stated.

Rome nervously fiddled with the bottom of her shirt, "Okay..... but why do you need to go?" She asked innocently.

This caused Alejandro to give her a small smile, "Allegro needs me— plus I told you I'll be back soon,"

Rome huffed silently, "Can you get hurt?" She asked.

She heard him sigh, "Yes I can."

Rome met his gaze, fear filling her, "Then tell Allegro you're sick," she reasoned.

Alejandro shook his head, "I'll be okay, il mio tesoro," (my treasure)

Rome frowned, as he reached forward to hug her, "What if I just never let you go?"

She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly, "Tesoro," he said softly.

Rome wined, "I don't want you to get hurt,"

"I will try my best not too," he kissed her forehead.

"Come on, I'm sure everyone's already downstairs, if it helps you can wait with the girls. They always wait in the living room whenever we leave like this."

Rome nodded, liking the idea as she finally let Alejandro go, his hand quickly grabbed hers as they left their room and made their way towards the common area. They were, in fact, the last ones to get there and Rome sheepishly looked around as she realized all the brothers wore matching attire, with pieces of metal strapped to their suits and Rome gulped feeling her nerves trickle through again.

Allegro kissed his son and Greece before turning his attention to Alejandro who nodded towards him.
"Tesoro, it's time to go."

Rome bit her lip, not wanting to let his hand go. Her gaze drifted away from his and towards Laya and Elliot who were cuddling Alessando as they peppered him in kisses. She watched as they let him go, Dallas doing the same to Arturo before she slowly let his hand go; his warmth slipping away.

"I'll be back as soon as you know it." He said quietly, kissing her forehead.

"In one piece?" She asked.

"One piece," he answered.

~*~

Rome was anxious as she sat beside Greece, her foot tapping against the floor every few minutes as they waited for their return.

"Anyone else really nervous for no reason?" Elliot asked aloud, from his seat on the other side of Rome.

Rome nodded her head frantically which earned a hand squeeze from Greece, "Does it always feel like this when they leave?"

"Pretty much," Dallas sighed.

This sucked, Rome thought ruefully.

She wanted Alejandro back now.

Rome bit her lip, "Nothing usually happens right? They don't come back hurt....."