Twenty Three

Rome

Rome has gotten accustomed to waking up with Alejandro beside her. Her head on his chest, his hand on her waist as she kissed his neck to wake him up, or him returning the favor when he'd wake up before her. This time though, he wasn't in bed and she'd immediately sat up attempting to locate him. She frowned when she realized he wasn't even in the room and it was around five thirty in the morning. She grabbed her robe before walking down the stairs.

She could smell the coffee as she entered the kitchen and was immediately met with grey eyes.
"You're up," she said quietly.

"Couldn't sleep," Alejandro answered, "I made extra coffee if you want,"

Rome poured herself a glass before sitting beside him, "Penny for your thoughts?" She asked.

He sighed which made Rome look at him worriedly, "I spoke to Elliot yesterday— he's having a bit of trouble locating Sai,"

"Elliot knows what's he's doing," she confirmed, "He'll find him."

Alejandro nods before sipping his coffee, "Has Arturo contacted anyone yet about the bomb?"

Alejandro fists clench, "No one has heard anything."

"You think they're lying?" She asked.

"They better not be. They should know better than that." He said roughly.

Rome nodded leaning over to kiss his forehead, "Do you have a plan?"

He sighed, "That's why I'm up, I've been strategizing."

"For the meeting later today?" She asked.

He nods.

Rome sighed, leaning forward and kissing his forehead. They sat in silence, enjoying each other's company until Rome yawned, the action made Alejandro chuckle, "Still tired,"

Rome smiled shyly, "Nope," she yawned again.

"Go back to sleep tesoro," (treasure) he said, "I'll come back in a few minutes."

She smiled, "Good, I want my cuddle buddy back,"

Rome kissed his lips softly before walking back to their room and promptly falling back to sleep.

~*~

The meeting had yet to be called and Rome was seated outside with Laya, Dallas and Greece as they watched the repair men fix the gate. Laya's round stomach covered by the dress she was wearing as they sat drinking iced tea.

"Are you excited?" Rome asked.

It was almost time for Laya to give birth and Rome was more than excited for her.

"Definitely but a little scared," she said shyly.

Rome held her hand, "It'll be great, you'll be a great mom,"

Laya smiled.

"Oh definitely! I can't wait to have two more feet running around here!" Dallas said.