Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

"Then you didn't love her the way I did!" Katara yelled. 

Sokka looked hurt, "Katara!"

I took a step towards Katara, "Kat, maybe you should-" 

Katara turned away from me, "Now that I know he's out there ... now that I know we can find him, I feel like I have no choice." 

"Katara, you do have a choice: forgiveness," Aang said. 

"You'd rather her sit around and do nothing?" I asked Aang. 

"No. It's easy to do nothing, but it's hard to forgive," Aang said. 

"Impossible," Katara corrected him.

She walked away. Zuko and I followed her. 

"Now what?" I asked. 

"Now, we wait until nightfall," Katara said.

I thought for a moment, "Can I buy black clothes?"

Katara blinked, "Do what you want, (Y/N)."

***

I had gone to the store and bought Zuko, Katara, and I black clothing for our mission. It wasn't necessary, but I wanted to do it anyway. 

By the time night had rolled around the three of us started walking to Appa.

Aang and Sokka were waiting for us, "So you were just gonna take Appa anyway?"

"Yes," Katara said, the three of us climbing onto Appa.

"It's okay, because I forgive you," Aang paused, "That give you any ideas?"

"Don't try to stop us," Katara said. 

"I wasn't planning to. This is a journey you need to take. You need to face this man. But when you do, please don't choose revenge. Let your anger out, and then let it go. Forgive him," Aang said.

"Okay, we'll be sure to do that, guru goody-goody," Zuko said sarcastically. 

I lightly smacked his head, "Don't be rude!"

"You're one to talk!" He yelled back. 

Katara rolled her eyes, "Thanks Aang," she patted Appa's head, "Yip-yip."

The bison took off. 

I took out my phone and texted Aang: 

Me: Hey, don't worry. I'm not going to let her do something she's going to regret. 

Aang: I appreciate that (Y/N).

I closed my phone and looked up at the sky. 

"So," I said, "According to the internet, the Southern Raiders should be situated on Whaletail island."

"Whaletail Island, here we come," Katara said. 

We had been on Appa well into the next day. Zuko had just woken up, and I was tired myself. After all, I hadn't slept in two days. 

Zuko yawned, "You and Katara should get some rest. We'll be there in a few hours," he turned to Katara, "You'll need all your strength."

Katara looked determined, "Oh, don't you worry about my strength. I have plenty. I'm not the helpless little girl I was when they came," she thought for a moment, "That Southern Raiders man... he was with my mom. I went to get my dad and we ran to my mom as fast as we could. But we were too late. When we got there, the man was gone," Katara's voice broke, "And so was she."

"Your mother was a brave woman," Zuko said, comforting her. 

Zuko took Appa's reigns and Katara and I got some rest.