Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

       Melissa sat in her chair staring at a photograph of her and Alex. Anger was built up in her body. It could have been her hormones, but she was still pissed either way.

       Just as planned, the DNA results came in. The results were not to Melissa’s liking.

       Natasha is his.

       Nathanial is his.

       Her face cringed at the thought of her future child being influenced by Nathanial…moreover being related to him as a brother.

       Melissa was taking a risk of her job to expose Faith, let alone ignoring her bed rest, but was nothing but a failed thought. She still had a few tricks up her sleeve. Alex was going to stay hers regardless. In the mist of her inner rants, Melissa felt a fall of liquid roll down her legs.

________________

       “Dammit!” Alex grunted as he threw his pen across his office. He wasn’t able to focus on work with Nathanial in the hospital. Alex was told he would be discharged at three this afternoon…The clock read eleven.

       Aside from that, Faith was still on his mind. Not just casually, but in other ways…

       Dirty ways.

       Alex had to face it. Melissa could never be Faith. Melissa was a little more high maintenance; Faith being the conservative one…even when she did have the fame. Melissa always knew what she wanted in life and got it. Faith made dreams and tried her best to achieve it. Melissa was having only one child…Faith had twins, nothing as a surprised in his family. Melissa could only have sex on certain days…Faith, on the other hand, was all in… 

       Alex stopped his thoughts right there. He stood up and began to walk out his office. Right in his front door was his secretary looking worried.

       “What’s wrong?”

       “Melissa’s in labor.”

_______________

       Melissa’s screams could be heard down the hallway. Alex kept rushing to the room, barely having time to breath as he took each step.

       “I’m here, bae. You’re doing well.” Alex held onto Melissa’s hand, feeling slight pain in his fingers with every squeeze of her hand.

       “She’s crowing!” The doctor exclaimed as the nurses continued to help Melissa with her breathing.

       Alex’s heart raced as he saw his daughter’s curly hair slide out further.

       “Babe, one more push. Just one more,” Alex urged, not letting his off of his half born child.

       Melissa took a deep breath and pushed hard until she felt the baby slide out and into the hands of the doctor. She was brought to tears as she heard their daughter start crying.

       Alex gave Melissa kiss on her forehead and kept his hands entangled with hers. The doctor held the baby girl in front of the couple. “Congratulations,” he whispered as he walked out with her.

       “What do you want to name to be, babe?”

       Melissa took a quick breath and looked over at Alex. “Janet Marie.”

       “Wolfe?” Alex smiled.

       Melissa smiled back. “Wolfe.” They kissed once more and stared into space as Melissa fell off to sleep. Alex walked out the room and stared into the nursery. He stared at baby Janet also asleep in the crib.