Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

       Alex sat on his bed with a sigh. He thought she was dead. Just like everyone had hinted. But she wasn’t.

       “Alexander?” he heard Melissa call, walking in the room.

       “Hey babe,” he smiled, glancing at her swollen belly with their child.

       “You okay? You’ve been tense since dinner.”

       “No. Just tired.”

       “You sure it has nothing to do with that waiter?”

       Alex’s heart skipped a beat. “Faith? Well, Nadia? No. She was just an old friend in high school. Nothing to it.”

       Rumors have started that the former singer died in a car crash in late October. Although many rumors circulate about how she died, Thomas’ grave has never been found.

       “When I heard that Faith might have died, I was crying despite what she had done,” Connie’s voice said.

       “Oh shit,” Alex said out loud forgetting Melissa was in the room.

       Melissa stared at him with an evil eye. “You gone explain?”

       “Ahh…” Alex rubbed the back of his neck.

       “Alex!” Melissa screamed.

       “Fine. She was the one I told you about. The whole affair thing? Yeah. She’s it. Nadia is…was the name of her mother.”

       Melissa looked down at her stomach. “Alex I don’t believe her.”

       “What?” Alex asked.

       “I think Nathanial and Natasha are hers.”

       “Okay, who’s Natasha now?”

       “Nathanial and Natasha are twins that go to the school. Nathanial is always in my office and Natasha is top of the junior class.”

       Alex paused. He almost forgot Faith said she was pregnant before she disappeared. He didn’t let Melissa know that part thought. Not then. Not now.

       The room remained quiet as they looked at the images looking closer into the affair.

       “Are you going to tell Connie and Aliza? You know, that Faith isn’t dead?”

       “Maybe. But I’ll let it soak in for a while before I do. Give it 2 to 3 weeks. Tops.” Alex had his own questions to Faith.

____________________________________________

       “Mama, I’m going to the mall for a while,” Natasha said before taking the keys and heading to the door. When she opened it, a man appeared.

       “Can you close the door-”Faith paused as she stared from the couch Natasha and Alex standing face to face. “Ahh…You go ahead Natasha. Come in, Alex.”

       Alex watched Natasha walk past him and into a car. He closed the door behind him and stared at Faith.

       “What are you doing here?!”

       “Just came to chat. And before you ask, you do realize my fiancé has records of where Nathanial and Natasha live…AKA, your address.”

       “I doubt she gave up confidential information easily.”

       Alex laughed. “No.”

       Faith played with her fingers as they sat in silence. She could feel Alex’s eyes on her. She couldn’t take it. “What do you want?!”

       “I’m glad you asked,” Alex said with a sarcastic tone. “Getting to the point, are they mine?”

       Faith sat silent for a few seconds. “Yes.”

       “You sure?”

       “Damn it Alex, of course I’m sure! I used protection with…yeah.”

       “So why didn’t you know 16 years ago?”

       Faith sighed. “I was already upset and distraught. Look, I don’t want to discuss it. All I know is that you left your brush here, I tested it and them and it was a match.”

       “Fine.” Alex leaned back in the chair and continued to stare at Faith. “Do they at least know who I am.”

       “No. They just recently found out about the past. They just know you as the guy I cheated on.”

       “Who’s here?” Nathanial asked coming downstairs.

       Shit. I almost forgot Nathanial was still here. “Nothing. This is a grown-ups conversation.”

       Nathanial ignored Faith and stared at Alex. It took him a second to process who he was. “Which one are you?”

       “What?”

       “Adrian or something?”

       Faith’s face flushed looking at Alex awkwardly. “Nathanial, go. Up. Stairs. Now.”

       “No, it’s okay Faith,” Alex reassured. “No, I’m his brother. I’ve heard about you though.”

       “Don’t talk to me like you know!”

       “Nathanial!” Faith yelled.

       “My fiancé knows you.”

       “Yeah?”

       “Mrs. Parker?”

       Nathanial’s face froze in shock and terror. He looked at Faith then ran upstairs. His ass was already in deep shit.

       “Look,” Faith started, stand up to face Alex. “I need to go talk to him. You should go.”

       Alex looked upstairs then nodded. “Okay. Oh, before I leave…Would you like to come clean?”

       “What?”

       “Me and Melissa are having a last minute engagement party. I would like it if you and the kids came over to reveal yourselves to the other half of life.”

       “I know all about the other half. It got me where I am now.”

       “Trust me, they would be excited to know you’re not dead,” Alex smiled handing Faith a card with an address on it.