Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

       “Saturday is here way too fast,” Faith said sipping her coffee and looking through the glass staring at downtown Atlanta.

       “Girl, I know,” Faith’s sister, Lana agreed. Lana had been in New York for the past 5 years and it felt like it had been forever since they had seen or spoken to each other. “So what’s been up with you? I see you’re back in the public eye.”

       “Everything…And don’t let it be surprising. If anyone asks, I’m referred to as Nadia.”

       “Nadia…You stole Mom’s name?”

       “Just part of it,” Faith laughed.

       “So….?”

       “Oh. But yeah, I ran into Alex a few months back.”

       Lana looked around and leaned in closer to Faith. “Shut up. What happened?”

       Faith took another sip of her coffee and smoothed out her hair. “So I was at work and he shows up looking dead at me.”

       “Was he alone?”

       “That’s where all my stress comes from. No, he was with his fiancé Melissa.” Lana looked at her still a little confused. “Melissa Parker…The twin’s principal.”

       “Damn.”

       “That’s not even half of it. She was pregnant at the time. She actually had the baby a few weeks ago. But anyways, he ended up coming to my house 2 weeks after that demanding to know if the twins were his.”

       “Girl, you should have demanded that child support check.”

       Faith laughed lightheartedly. “Lana, I would but I think I’m perfectly fine with the money I’m receiving.”

       “You still get your cut?”

       “Yes and no. Music royalties, etc. etc. Let’s just say it’s not as much as when I was actually in the group.”

       “Well damn, what else happened? Mom told me Nathanial was in the hospital.”

       “Yeah, he had a seizure…which runs in the family on Alex’s side. He’s doing fine now. Unfortunately, we somehow ran into the guy that got me in this mess in the first place.”

       “Uh…The press?”

       “Some creepy guy who took the picture of me and Adrian kissing.” Faith shook her head and continued to drink her coffee. “Sad low life. On a bright side, Alex did defend me and Natasha.”

       “Woah, Alex was there?” Faith nodded. “Shit, you’ve been through it for the past few months.”

       “Last night being the worst. Alex confessed his feelings. He was like ‘I still love you’ and so on and so forth. He even kissed me.”

       “But you still love him too? Your voice doesn’t even sound enthusiastic.”

       “Lana, the thing is that I still love him but my old feelings is how the thing with me and Adrian started.”

       “But you love him. Ironic that the last time you had that glow around someone was with Adrian, but we’re older. You will always have that connection with Alex no matter what you do.”

       “Unless I kill him.” Lana shot Faith a look. “Kidding…But he’s getting married in 5 weeks. Five weeks! I can’t do anything about it especially with Melissa and daughter in the way.”

       “Do you want to still be with him?”

       “I-”

       “Do you want to still be with him. Yes or no.”

       Faith looked at her nearly empty coffee cup. Images of Alex flooded her mind. “Yes,” she said softly.

       “Good…Because there he goes.”