Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

       “I see you’re feeling better, Faith!” Connie happily said letting her in the house.

       “Yup! Alex made it?”

       “Yeah, he’s in the kitchen.”

       Faith walked to the kitchen only to see Alex and Adrian talking to each other. 

       “What’s up bae?” Alex greeted with a kiss.

       “Nothing much,” she giggle but looking Adrian straight in the eyes. There was something different about them when she was around Alex in front of him, she noticed.

       “Cool, hey I’ll be back in a sec. Let me go check the grill outside…Make sure Pops ain’t burning nothing.”

       Faith washed her hands but turned around to a tongue kiss by Adrian.  She pushed him away in a cold sweat. “What was that?”

       “Nothing you ain’t used to,” Adrian teased.

       “No…I saw a flash,” she explained staring out the window but seeing nothing but the gardener with his back turned towards the flowers.

       “Well, I’m sure you just going-”

       “Going what?” Alex asked coming back with a smile. “Why you guys looking out the window?”

       “Nothing. Faith is just freaking out for nothing. Right?”

       Faith stared at Adrian then at Alex with a reassuring smile. “Yeah. I’m cool.”

       Before Alex could respond, Connie arrived in the kitchen telling everyone to come out to the back yard with everyone else. Faith walked next to Alex, starting to feel even more uneasy about Adrian in general.

                           ______________

              “Oh. My. God.” Aliza tought outloud. She quickly dialed Connie’s number, almost breaking her screen. “Connie, you need to change it to E!. Screw that mess, change it!”

       She pulled her phone away from her ears as she heard Connie’s scream. “I know right! That is some bullshit! So now what? We-Oh okay. Alright bye.”

                           ______________

       Alex walked down the street from the parking lot and noticed a few glares his way. A woman walked up to him and slapped him hard.

       “You should burn in hell!”

       “What? I don’t know you!”

       “Adrian?”

       Alex scoffed and looked at the woman. “Alex. The twin.”

       “Oh,” the woman looked truly sorry. “I hope you can move on from this.”

       What was that about? Alex continued walking down the street and got much confusion for Adrian or remorseful. Alex heard someone ask about Faith as he continued to walk the streets. He arrived to his work building and made a call to his friend Jay.

       “You want me to what?”

       “Hack her phone account. Now.”

       “Why?”

       “Do it.” Alex demanded.

       “If I refuse?”

       “I’ll tell Sheila about your stash of entertainment.

       “Damn you Alexander…What’s the number?”

       Alex gave Jay the number and waited about 5 minutes before he received an email about all of Faith’s calls and texts in the past week. He looked though it and kept noticing a familiar number appear.

       Adrian’s.