Chapter 1

©Jalissa Pickney-Floristal 2011 - 2013 All Rights reserved

  CHAPTER 1  

Faith leaned against the ivory bathroom wall with a sigh. Her co-singer’s news of marriage annoyed her. Faith wasn’t jealous. No, jealous was her last thought at the moment. 

“Adrian…” she softly said out loud staring in the mirror. 

She held great spite towards him. Adrian Wolfe AKA star defensive line-man of the Atlanta Falcons AKA Faith’s high school sweetheart.

“Why of all people in the world, did Connie want to marry Adrian?” Faith kept asking herself. She was aware that Connie and Adrian was…were dating and expected Adrian to screw up like usual. Adrian was never brought around Faith or their other group member, Aliza, considering the fact that his ‘career’ consisted of a lot of traveling during the season and her group touring for the past year.Faith assumed there was a possibility that Adrian himself didn’t know his ex-girlfriend was associated with his now-fiancé. 

“Ugh!” Faith moaned loudly. She was not in the mood-or emotion mindset to attend their engagement party next week. All she could do is show up with a forced smile, hoping Connie didn’t get hurt by Faith’s past.                                   

 ___________________  

Alex opened his door and sat his laptop on a counter nearby. “I can’t believe it,” he ranted undoing his tie. “How can that bastard be getting married?”Alex continued to unwind feeling the anger and frustration of his rant through his voice. “And to a member of the Egyptian’s Paradise? Bull crap!”

He angrily marked his calendar of the engagement party and poured himself some juice. He shook his head and started to think he might not even have a wife now. Alex only had four girlfriends of his 23 years of living-all stolen by Adrian.

There was Dana from the 10th grade. She was co-captain of the JV cheerleading team the same year Adrian made the JV football team. The one game Adrian lost-he had still won. Then in the same year it was Leila. She actually kissed Adrian while her and Alex was about to go on a date. Last he heard, Leila was a mom of 5.

Finally, it was Keyshia and Naomi…whom of both dumped his ass and hooked onto Adrian the next week. Alex took his mind off his twin and focused on his work. Moments later, his phone rang loudly. He glanced at the Caller ID and sighed. 

Pops.

“Hey Pops…”

“Hey Alex,” an old, sturdy voice replied.

“What’s wrong?”

“You planning getting’ married yet?”

Alex sighed. Here we go. “No. I’m not even dating right now. You know that.”

“No, I didn’t. You know, you should be-”

More like Adrian. Yeah, Pops. I got it…I just want to be the chaser, not a playa.”

“Why can’t you snag a honey then fall in love? Your mother is talking about grandkids now. You can run the business pretty good, but your dating skills could be better.”

“Well go ask Adrian about that. Look, I got to go.” Alex hung up before his dad could give a response. 

I’m the oldest, but when Adrian does something, I’m supposed to follow? Eff that Pops.                                          

___________________  

“Yes…Um, it was nice seeing you too. Bye!” Faith then turned inside to get away from the crowd. She had done everything in her power to avoid Adrian. She could hear Connie outside looking for her.

Faith noticed someone in the other room playing the piano and singing like an angel. The face of Adrian appeared brought back memories, but the voice didn’t sound familiar.

“I didn’t know you could sing.”

He turned around. “I don’t recall us meeting before…well, anytime recently at least.”

“Very funny. I see your comedy act is still the same.”

“I see your beautiful glow didn’t go away.”

This man is about to get married and he’s trying to play? Oh hell no! Faith shook her head. “Why are you such a player Adrian? I swear if you hurt Connie-”

He chuckled a lightly. “I had a feeling that was the problem.” Faith looked at him with a confused look. “I’m sorry to say, but I’m Alex, His older twin brother.

Faith’s face flushed. How could she forget Adrian had a brother? He used to always be in the library that Faith never could recall if they were twins or not. “Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just that I never-”

“Remember of me?”

“Yeah…”

Alex shrugged and walked closer to Faith. “Well, I’m known for that. But even if you’ve mistaken me for Adrian, you are still beautiful…And no worries, I won’t hurt Connie.

Faith began to blush. “Thank you, Alex.” 

The room got quiet for a second and the two looked into each other’s eyes. She could see the sincerity of his personality past the honey brown color. There was something in Alex that was so…different about Adrian. 

Faith quickly looked away from Alex, to the window, and back. “Look, I don’t know what you’re expecting to happen I-”

Alex’s hand grabbed onto Faith’s as he silenced her with a kiss. His soft tongue slipped between her lips and body pushed against hers.

The security alarmed chimed, indicating someone was coming inside the house. Faith looked at Alex with a sheepish smile. “I-I have to go.” 

Alex looked at the mystery woman disappear into the next room over with a smile. He had to have her whether Adrian cared or not.