Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

                     A Month and A Half Later

       Faith pulled up in her driveway next to Alex’s car. He had stayed over last night but was sure he awoke to an empty house and spare key. “He babe.”

       “So where were you so early that left me so lonely in your house?”

       “First of all, it was eleven in the morning. Second, I went to my parents’ house,” Faith lied. She looked at Alex accept her lies while reading the text she relived from Adrian.

              U free 4 lunch?

              Again? I just left your place.

              Connie’s home.

              Oh.

              So?

              Yea. Y?

              I wanna take u out 4 lunch

              Thought you had practice

              I don’t have practice

       Faith remembered Connie saying Adrian had practice today at their last meeting.

              U lied to Connie?

              U lied to Alex. Ur Point?

              Fine. Where @?

           Private dinner room at Serenity.

       “Faith? You heard me?”

       She snapped away from her texts and stared at Alex. “I’m sorry, what?”

       “I said I’ll call you later,” he said before storming out the house. She stared at the door in shock feeling slightly bad that she pissed off Alex and lied to him within ten minutes.

                            ______________

       “Okay girls, good work today!” Rez exclaimed though the microphone.

       Connie ran out the recording room and grabbed her cellphone. Faith slowly walked to do the same, but felt a little uneasy.

       “Faith, you cool? Aliza asked sitting Faith on a lobby chair.

       “Yeah. I just need some-”

       “Oh shit!” Connie yelled moving away from the splatter of peached colored vomit in front of Faith’s feet.

       Rez called the janitorial service as he helped Faith up away from the mess.”

       “You sure you okay?”

       “Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Faith reassured. :I just need to go home and rest.”

       On her drive home, she assumed her uneasy feeling was from the stress of trying to keep up with the guilt of the affair with Adrian. One hour with him had turned into a secretive relationship. To make things worse, she was invited to a small get together at Connie’s tomorrow. Closure was hard to come by at the moment knowing she was lying to both Connie and Alex’s faces.