Chapter 16

Marinette's P.O.V.

Marinette yawned as she got up, it was Saturday and Marinette had gone to the Manor on Tuesday. She hadn't heard from Damian and was scared to message first after so long but she didn't know what to do! It was a free day to relax after four days of nonstop tours and presentations (and for Marinette harassment from her class).

The bluenette decided not to go with the class on a walk to the park, opting instead to go the next day because right now she had a project to finish. Marinette was able to get everything ready for assembling the robin hoodie, she cut the fabrics using the patterns, had the design fully sketched from multiple angles for reference and when at the manor Marinette was able to refine her estimate for Damian's measurements. Deciding to get the project completed and to put her free day to good use she finally got to work.

After what felt like a few minutes but in reality was hours of hard work and focus she was almost done, all it needed was the embroidered R logo and she was done. Marinette outlined the symbol and expertly threaded the needle. Jagged Stone was blaring in the background as the bluenette painstakingly embroidered with her bright yellow thread.

"Just a few more... almost... DONE!" Marinette finally exclaimed happy with the finished product.

"Do you think he'll like it, Tiki?"

"I'm sure that he's going to love it! Don't you think so stinky socks?"

"You bet, sugar cube, I'm sure Lover-Boy is gonna wear it just about everywhere."

"Ugh. Stop calling Damian that."

"Sorry, Bug, not gonna happen. Don't you have to get to dinner or something?"

"Agh, I forgot!!! Come on, hurry we can't be late again!" The trio quickly got ready with the horse miraculous in tow and made it to the elevator quickly enough. Marinette realized it had been a while since Hawkmoth's last attack, she should be on guard.

"Just be glad diner is at the hotel today!" Tiki reassured from the bluenette's purse.

Marinette exited the elevator and walked toward the dining room but when she turned the corner she was face to face with two glaring brunettes.

"Hey, Maribitch, nice to see you finally left your hole of a room. Was it lonely? You know with your 'friends' ditching you at every chance they get?" Marinette had spent the last four days with her friends having the time of their lives enjoying the tours while Lila and her goons were talking over the guides. The bluenette had been encouraged by her friends to spend the first free day on her most recent project.

Marinette rolled her eyes while trying to walk away from the self-important girls trying to intimidate her, it's too bad those tactics hadn't worked since collége. Someone grabbed her arm and yanked her back, it was Alya, and the death grip she had would not be something Marinette would be able to get out of without getting herself into trouble.

Marinette looked sideways in both directions, only to find empty halls.

She was stuck.

Lila landed the first blow, going around Marinette and kicking the backs of her knees so she fell to the ground and Marinette let it happen.

Alya got her turn after Lila got another quick kick in the smaller teen's side, Marinette hardly responded. The bespectacled girl grabbed Marinette by her hair and pulled Marinette's head back painfully, Marinette hoped the assault didn't bruise her arm too badly.

"You are nothing. No one loves you or will ever love you, especially after justice is served for what you've done. You're nothing but a pathetic bully, and you know what? You're not even worth it. Let's go." Marinette fought the strong urge to talk back as Alya harshly pulled one more time before letting go.