Chapter 10

Marinette's P.O.V.

Marinette was having a bad morning, her phone didn't charge all night and barely had any battery after her alarm went off and she was running late because the outfit she had planned had a tear (and while that would have been easy to fix she didn't have the time) and had to throw another outfit together at the last minute.

Who would have known that Mondays on vacations were just as bad as regular ones?

Marinette was able to throw on some high-waisted stone washed jeans that were rolled up to her mid calf with a tucked in white long sleeved button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She also wore pink ballerina flats with a matching cross-body purse. Knowing the bluenette didn't have the time to do her hair, she left it down opting to instead use what time she had left to put on some clear lip gloss.

Once Marinette was ready to go she put the horse miraculous in her bag like she always does, and watches as Tiki and Plagg make their way into the snack filled purse. The bluenette quickly makes her way to the elevator checking her phone, satisfied that she wouldn't be late, and might have time to grab something to eat.

The moment the elevator door opened the bluenette was hit by someone running directly at her while she heard,

"Marinette!" Luckily the sudden attack Kim had sprung on her didn't hurt too much but she did get knocked into the wall of the elevator as the boy grabbed her and began talking to her in rapid-fire french as he dragged her to the back of the bus, so no breakfast (Great).

"You wouldn't believe what just happened! And don't try guessing you'll just waste your time," Without taking a breath Kim sat down dragging Marinette with him as he continued, "Jon and I were talking last night but it turns out that I fell asleep without seeing one of his messages so when I responded this morning we just kept talking."

He took a deep breath before continuing, "Anyways, as I said, we were talking and then he asked me out!!! I can't believe it, he's so funny and interesting and is amazing and I CAN'T BELIEVE IT" Kim whisper yelled.

"Of course I said yes, but it's tomorrow night, Nettie, and I'm super nervous. Do you think you could help me decide what to wear? And give me pointers?"

Marinette laughed at that last question,

"Pff, Kim I'd love to help you out, but I've never been on a date so I wouldn't know the first thing about it! But I should be able to help you pick out something to wear."

"You're the best Nettie!" Was all Kim could say before he went to sit next to Alix as they gossiped and discussed Kim's date.

Marinette realized that she didn't know what type of date it was, formal? casual? There were so many places to go in Gotham from five-star restaurants to simple diners and everything in between and Jon being friends with Damian meant that he could probably afford for them to go somewhere nicer but he was also so lowbrow, ughhhhhh.

Then, Marinette had an epiphany. She had Damian's number, and Damian was Jon's best friend... She could ask him!

* * *

Angel changed Monsieur Demon Spawn's name to Mon Étoile

Angel
Did you know that Jon asked Kim out?!!!!!

Mon Étoile
Good morning. Yes, I did. I was the one to encourage him to do so.

Angel
Good morning!
Do you know what he is planning? Because Kim asked me to help him decide on what to wear and I have no idea where they might be going(I swear to you that I will not tell Kim what it is, but I need a hint).