🧸𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟🧸

September 15, 2018

Zach took a deep breath and nodded towards Daniel as a thank you before he exited the car. Zach waited until the ombre was at the end of the block and out of sight before he walked onto Kay's doorstep and knocked on the door softly but hard enough for the whole house to hear. The door opened to reveal Lainey, Kay's younger sister.

"Hey, Lele." Zach smiled down at the girl.

"Hey Zach, Kay is upstairs." the girl informed, moving out of the way so Zach can enter. The brunette jogged up the flight of stairs and when he made it to Kay's door he knocked, learning his lesson from last time.

"Come in!" the blonde girl shouted from the other side. Zach came into the room, spotting Kay on her bed with her laptop in hand. Zach took a seat next to the girl after closing the door behind him, waiting for her to finish whatever she was doing on the device.

"Okay, what's up?" Kay sat her laptop on her nightstand and put her full attention on Zach so he would know she was listening. The bravery Zach had before he arrived was immediately thrown out of the window. He forgot how he was gonna start the conversation and how he would deal with the outcomes after he was done explaining.

"I-I....." Zach stuttered, his words completely gone as well.

"Take all the time you need, Zach," Kay reassured, placing her hand on Zach's tense shoulder for comfort.

"Kay, I just want you to know that I'm so sorry and I didn't mean for any of this to happen......." Kay nodded, signaling for Zach to keep going.

"............We need to break up." Zach paused, looking over to see Kay's reaction. Her expression was unreadable for the brunette so he kept going.

"...I cheated on you. It wasn't intentional, it just......happened, and I couldn't stop myself even though I should've. I don't want you to still be with me because I know I was indistinctly mistreating you behind your back and I won't be able to live with myself knowing that I hurt you." Zach looked up at the girl again to see her eyes wide. Her mouth was in a thin line and her face was overall shocked.

"I'm so sorry Kay. I'll leave now, I hope you find someone better than me that actually deserves you." Zach got up from Kay's bed and made his way to her door to leave.

"Wait!" Kay sprung up. Zach turned his attention back to Kay. She contemplated, then let out a deep sigh and locked eyes with Zach.

"Who?" Zach was bemused, tilting his head to the side.

"What?"

"Who? Who did you cheat on me with?" she asked nonchalantly. Zach knew how to answer the question but it was gonna be a little difficult to say it out loud.

"U-Uh..... w-why do you need to know that?" Zach let out, uneasy with the question. Again, he didn't mind telling Kay that it was Jack but he had to put himself in Jack's shoes for once. The blonde wouldn't want that to be going around as the new daily gossip of the week, even if it was true it was still a foolhardy thing for Zach to do on his behalf.

"I just wanted to know but it's ok if you don't want to tell me." she chuckled. Zach didn't know why she was laughing, he literally just told her that he cheated.