🧸𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖🧸

"Jack?"

The blonde stayed silent, taking in Zach's features. The brunette's wet hair and face definitely made him look more attractive in ways Jack didn't know were even possible. Zach looked attractive no matter what his aspect was, he was just that damn gorgeous.

"Jack," Zach said once again, this time grasping the blonde's attention.

"Y-Yeah! U-Umm.... do you need help, you were just standing here so I thought..." Jack paused when he felt the pressure from the plastic bags he was holding being taken away from him. Zach held the grocery bags tightly in his hands so he wouldn't drop them so easily.

"I should be asking if you need help since your carrying all of this stuff plus the hefty umbrella." Jack didn't respond, he was too busy staring at Zach. Questioning to himself why he even wanted to help him. Was he patronizing him? Was he pitying him because he felt sorry for Jack getting used and dominated so easily? Or was he doing this just because he had a heart of gold but also wanted Jack to feel guilty for practically throwing himself onto him. Most likely all of the above.

"Uhh, no thanks." Jack murmured but Zach heard him loud and clear, through all of the thunder and patter from the rain hitting the umbrella.

"I insist." Zach pressed on, clearly not taking no for an answer but Jack still declined.

"I don't want you to do this because you think you have to. It's alright Zach I got it." Jack said trying to grab the bags from Zach but the brunette held them high out of Jack's reach.

"Stop being childish, give me my stuff!" Jack demanded, now fed up with the boy.

"Let me help you." Zach replied, a smug smirk growing on his face.

"Why do you want to help me anyway? What do you gain from this?"

"Nothing, I'm doing it because I want to. Now let me help you and stop being so stubborn." Zach said with a roll of his eyes.

Jack gave in, getting off of his tippy toes and letting Zach get closer to him.

The two started walking, shoulder to shoulder so they both would stay under the wide coverage.

"So.... what were you doing just standing in the rain? You know your gonna get sick after this right?" Jack asked after a long silence, trying to build conversation so they didn't just walk in lull because duh, that's boring.

Zach certainly was not going to say he was looking for Jack in the middle of precipitation though. Instead of him finding Jack, Jack found him but he was grateful regardless.

"I....was going for a walk and I didn't know it was gonna rain, therefore I had nothing to keep me dry?" Zach told more like a question than an explanation.

"So that's where you went after you barged out of the Café like an idiot? What were you thinking!?" Jack chided. Jack was always coy and nervous around the brunette but he didn't want Zach to know he had a vital obsession with him. He didn't want to seem like a person who would always be afraid to talk to him or be near him either so he replaces the anxiety with confidence and sass, which pisses Zach off but the brunette does the same to him.

That's why the two butt heads so much but always end up staring at each other lovingly at the end of the day. One minute they're concerned about each other and the next their throwing insults like they're arch-nemesis'.