🧸𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖🧸

Zach looked up from his phone and caught sight of the black vehicle that belonged to his girlfriend. He saw Gabbie in the back seat but didn't recognize the others beside her. He just shrugged it off and hopped inside, shutting the door softly behind him. He kissed the blonde girl on the forehead and gave her a soft smile when he pulled away.

"I don't get a kiss?" Gabbie teased.

Zach turned around to glare at the curly head but his face softened when he sighted Daniel and the unusual figure clutched to his side. The Ombre was slouched, looking a bit tired and suffered to stay awake. The figure dressed in all black had their arms around Daniel's midsection, his dark hoodie coated his entire exterior so Zach couldn't see what his face looked like but he saw a modicum of blonde fluff peeking out of the hoodie. He tilted his head in confusion, a little upset that he couldn't get a glimpse of the boy's face but instead, just luscious ebbs of blonde hair. The blonde reminded him of someone he wanted to disregard after the situation that happened between him and the individual. Zach jumped up from the sudden noise of Gabbie clearing her throat.

"This is Daniel and that's my cousin who's sleeping." Gabbie said to the brunette who was staring at the two so she decided to acquaint him.

Daniel knew the brunette looked familiar but he couldn't remember where he's seen him before.

"I'm Zach." it felt like common sense slapped Daniel right in the face when he heard the name. It was the same name Jack kept mumbling in his sleep but there's a whole bunch of Zach's in the world. Zach. Zach. Every time the Ombre said that name in his head he felt nostalgia run him over as if it was a bus.

"Nice to meet you," Daniel said meekly and coldly. His piercing blue eyes glared at Zach, trying to read him and figure out why Jack would say the brunette's name in his sleep. He didn't look overbearing and neither did he look intimidating enough for Jack to apologize for something he's done in so much fear. He looked like a sweet somebody who would care for a complete foreigner but again, there are plenty of Zach's in the world.

"You can go to sleep Daniel, you're not gonna miss anything." Gabbie snickered at the Ombre, interrupting his thinking.

Daniel rolled his eyes but took in her advice, looking at the boy once more before shutting his eyes and falling asleep instantly, quiet snores escaped past his lips. Gabbie and Kay giggled at the boy and Zach just stared into space. Thinking of the boy he hadn't seen in months, two months to be precise.

Ever since he saw the blonde in bed next to him with the smell of hot sex in the air, naked, panicking, and rambling like crazy about how foolish and selfish he was before he got drunk the night before, Zach was left speechless. When he looked at the brunette he panicked even more and started crying hysterically, whispering sorry on repeat like he was a broken radio tape. Zach's heart felt bleak, bare, and dismal after he let the boy run away with tears streaming down his face, never to see him again after that.

"You okay?" Kay asked when she stopped at a red light and peeked at Zach from the corner of her eye. Zach just nodded, not really in the mood to speak thanks to the thoughts that clouded his mind. Kay didn't exhort him to talk since she knew how Zach got when he was reserved and not in the disposition for chitchat.

About 20 minutes passed when everyone eventually made it to the small but welcoming looking Café.

"Thanks, Kay," Zach said before he kissed the girl on the cheek. Kay started to unbuckle her seatbelt and Gabbie woke up Daniel so Daniel could wake up Jack.