37.Bhuvan

A/N: For all those heartbroken people shipping Yudhisthir and Saanvi, I want to quote-
"Maybe it's not about the happy ending,
Maybe it's about the story."

A week later.
Saanvi was at her home in the village nowadays. She needed a break from her past, and she could not stand seeing Draupadi- Yudhisthir duo anymore!
She constantly kept herself busy in chores to avoid any bad thoughts.

At least three good things came out of all the drama.
Firstly, Shanti maa and Lata and baba were very happy that Saanvi was back home.
Secondly, a potential husband had been selected for Lata by Shaanti maa and the to-be groom and his family were to come visit them in a few days.
As a result, the house was full of work and Saanvi was very happy to do them all.
Thirdly, Saanvi was back to wearing her dear pajamas!

Finally, today was the day, Lata's potential husband and his family were coming to see Lata. Everybody was ecstatic.
Even after all the celebrations at home, Saanvi could not feel happy.
She decided to go out and meditate in the gardens nearby so that she will be stable enough to not make any mistakes tonight.
Saanvi was walking through the garden lanes in search of a good spot to sit. She found one soon enough near a circle of trees.
Saanvi started practicing her relaxation techniques when her concentration was broken by a sob.
Saanvi blinked.
No. This wasn't her sob.
She looked around but nobody was in sight.
Maybe it was her heart crying!!
Saanvi again focused on her task.
Another sob!
'Looks like there is actually someone crying.'- Saanvi thought.
She rose from the floor and started looking around.
The sobs were coming from a tree nearby. She went there to investigate and what she found blew her mind away!
It was none other than Lata!
And she was not the Lata you would expect.
She was Lata in the arms of a man!
Saanvi was shocked.
The to-be groom and their family were to arrive in a few hours, and here she was galloping around with another man!

"Lata!"- Saanvi warned the couple of her arrival.
The couple broke apart immediately. Lata was startled to see Saanvi. She walked to Saanvi and joined her hands in front of her.

"Jiji please do not tell anybody what you saw here. I beg you jiji."- Lata said.

"Lata, who is he and why are you here?"

"Jiji, he is Bhuvan-sa. We both like each other jiji. But maa will never agree as he is not from a rich family, so I was bidding him farewell."

Saanvi was surprised.
'How did Lata manage to hide this secret? Was Saanvi so obsessed with her own life that she could not see Lata's sufferings?'
"Lata do you really love him?"
"Yes Jiji."
"Bhuvan-sa, do you love my sister?"
"I do. With all of my heart."- He replied.

'I will not let my sister go through the same pain as me.' Sanavi thought.
She then proceeded to know each and every detail of Bhuvan-sa. His family, his work, his and Lata's relation, etc.
Now, She convinced them both to at least talk to Shanti Maa before it is too late!
So all three of them made their way back to home.

Shaantidevi was busy at work. Seeing the two girls she shouted at them for being so lazy and for not being dressed up for the occasion.
And seeing the girls' glum faces, she knew something was up.

It was then that Saanvi Lata and Bhuvan told Saantidevi the full story.
Shaantidevi's first reaction was to hive her daughter, Lata a tight big slap.
Saanvi and Bhuvan both gasped.

"Maa. Maa please at least consider the situation. There is no success in a marriage without love maa."

"Your baba and I have never been in love but still turned out fine. Didn't we?"

"Maa please. If you could not find love, dies not mean you will deprive Lata of the same also?"

"What will society say? He is not from our cast!"

"Maa when you found me in the river did you care about my cast? You have never asked me my cast but you still feed me with your hands. Why my?"

"Beta do not argue with me. He is not even earning well. How will he feed Lata?"

"Maa, he is in training for a few more months only. Then he will be given a job in the army. Also, Lata can continue working."

"Out lata working that too after marriage? What are you talking about? What will she do anyway?"

"Maa, Lata is very talented with the needle. She can start sewing clothes and sell them by opening a small shop at her home only. Slowly maybe her business will grow! And to help her start her business, I will fund her from my own earnings from the palace."

Shaantidevi was quiet for a long time. She looked at her husband. They both had some discussion via telepathy maybe cause Shaanti maa suddenly got up. She looked at all three of them and moved into the kitchen.

Everybody was holding their breaths.
Shanti Maa came out of the kitchen holding a little plate with ladoos on it.

"Lata's baba, I think we should inform that family to not come to our house as we have already found a groom for our daughter."- said Shaanti maa.

She then proceeded to fill Bhuvan's mouth with laddoos.

P.S:- Guys please give a shoutout to my story on your profile to promote it. Keep voting and reading.