13.Shopping Spree

The next day:
"I am so exited to go shopping in this era!"
"What you mean by 'this era'?"
"Nothing. I am so excited that I have no control over what I am speaking."
"offo jiji. let's go now."

Saanvi and Lata both go the main marketplace of the city of hastinapur. It was a few kms away. In order to save some money to buy more stuff, they decided to walk on foot.
"See Devi, that is our agricultural field. Baba(Father) must be somewhere inside working!"
"See there! that pond has so many ducks in it."
Lata was describing everything to Saanvi. Saanvi was watching around astonished.
Soon they reached the market area. There were all sorts of shops ranging from clothes to mojris, bags to bangles.
Lata took Saanvi to a shop where very few people bought clothes as they were a little expensive.
"No lata! I will buy the clothes that you wear."- said Saanvi.
"No jiji. I have seen the red marks on your back and waist. I know the cloth pricks you. Come now don't argue."- said Lata.
They went to the shop and bought lots of chaniya cholis. Saanvi knew that she cannot have her normal clothes in this era. but she did not mind much. She had always been a fan of traditional clothes. She bought some to wear on special occasions and some plain ones to wear at night. They also bought mojris matching the dresses and some jewellery.

 They also bought mojris matching the dresses and some jewellery

They had lots of bags in their hands now and both were very tired so they decided to take a break and eat some sweets

As they were eating sweets, Saanvi saw a shop where loose cloth was being sold. She asked lata-"Lata, do you know how to sew?"
"Ofcourse jiji. every women does! Don't tell me you do not even know how to sew?"- saying this Lata started laughing.
"Oh stop it! Till the time amma teaches me sewing can you help me make some clothes if I buy those loose clothes their?"- asked Saanvi.
"But we bought all the clothes you needed."
"I want some clothes that I used to wear in my place. Will you help me or not?"- asked Saanvi.
"Yes I will. let's go get some cloth and thread."- said Lata.
They went and bought some silk, cotton, Net, etc. They also bought matching thread and some beads and bouties to decorate the cloth.
It was evening till they were done with the shopping and decided to head home.
"It is getting late jiji. We should go home back."
"Yes let's leave."- said Saanvi.
They slowly made their way back home with lots of shopping bags. They were chatting and laughing.
Suddenly there were some sounds of wheels running. Saanvi being new to all this did not know what to do and she remained rooted on the spot whereas Lata and all others on the walking oath moved aside and bowed. Saanvi was left standing with lots of bags in her hand. She could not judge what was happening around her and the vehicle came and hit her making her fall and the bags scattered.
"Foolish girl! Don't you know to step aside when the 'rath'(vehicle) is coming?"- asked the person driving the Rath.
"Do not scold the girl Hari. It was our fault for moving so fast."- Said a prince sitting back in the rath. The rath was being driven by two horses.
The man get down and helped Saanvi get up. He picked up her bags and asked-"We are sorry lady. Are you hurt?"
Soon Lata reached them and asked-"Jiji are you hurt?"
"No I am fine. Sorry Rajkumar ji I came in your way."- Said saanvi.
The prince noticed that both of them were carrying way too much stuff for them to handle. He said-"No issues lady. Can I drop you both to your destination as a compensation?"
"If it is no problem to you only then."- said Lata.

They both climed on the Rath and sat down

They both climed on the Rath and sat down. The prince Also climed the rath and signalled the charioteer to move.
As they moved ahead, Saanvi's eyes fell on a book kept on the seat of the rath.
"Arthashastra! Do you have interest in politics prince?"- blurted saanvi.
The prince and Lata both looked at her surprised.
"How can you read? Only the nobles and brahmins know reading and writing."- asked the prince.
"Actually Rajkumar Sehdevji, She is a noble. But she fell into the river one day and floated to the ganges and was found by us some days ago. She has been living with us since then."- explained lata.
"intresting!"- said sehdev.
"Do you mind if I keep this book for a few days to read prince sehdev?"- asked Saanvi.
Saanvi racked her brain to remember which prince was sehdev and what his character was like in rhe mahabharata stories she has read.
"Sure you can keep it. Return it to me by next Monday! Come to the palace and ask the guards for me."- saying this the prince left them at their home and went his own way.

Author's Notes: So she finally meets one of the Princes!! How is the story going? Please tell me via comments and votes.