34.Karna

Karna's POV:
I was glad to know that Saanvi was now awake and well. I could not go see her as being the groom's elder brother I had a lot of work to do. But I had my people looking after her.
Govind's arrival set things back on track.
I have heard some people say that Govind is Lord Vishnu's incarnation.
Maybe that is true. But for us Pandava brothers, he is our well wisher, a dear friend and a cousin by relation.

I was in the guest hall with other people when I heard Krishna asking Subhadra to take Saanvi to see Draupadi.

'No! No!'- I was screaming in my head.

'Saanvi won't be able to handle seeing Yudhisthir's wife. Why are you making things worse Govind?'- I thought.

I tried to go after them but Govind again prevented me from doing so.
'Oh God! Help Saanvi.'

Though Govind stopped me from going after Saanvi, but for some reason I felt as if she needs me. Saanvi needs me. I could not rest my heart.
I kept on imagining her sweet face contorting in pain at the sight Draupadi and each time it broke my heart.

After some serious tries, I snuck out from the hall. I walked to the guest chambers where Saanvi was living currently.
I checked with the guards outside, but she was not in the chamber yet. I decided to wait for her there only.
I knew Saanvi. I knew that soon the sadness will fill her completely, and she won't be able to handle the ceremony.
And I was right.
She was coming towards her chamber.

Eyes red. Hair unkempt. Cheeks stained with tears. She has never looked so lifeless.

The moment her eyes connected to mine, she tried running inside her room

I caught her hand.
I couldn't let her go now, could I?
She tried to escape my grip, but I was way stronger than her.
She struggled a little.

"Saanvi. Don't let your grief consume you. Take it out."- I said. She stilled for a while.
"I am here for you."- I added.

Hearing my words, her resolve broke, and she ended up crying like a baby.
She screamed, she howled, she sobbed.

All the while, I held her tightly in my arms.
I cried with her.
I shared in her pain.
How could I not?
I love her.

She slept in my arms that night

She slept in my arms that night. Too exhausted.
I took her inside and placed her on her bed.
I looked at her face.

"I love you Saanvi and I will bring happiness back in your life."

P.S.- 10k views Yayy! Thank you everybody.