36.Promise

A new Morning:
Saanvi was dreading the day ahead at the palace as she had some very unpleasant works she needed to complete today.
Moreover, she was avoiding Karna for the embarrassing events of that night!

As the meeting of the women's court ended, Saanvi walked straight to the Palace council hall. She was done avoiding Yudhisthir and It was high time she confronted him. She needed answers and something more from him.

Yudhisthir, the crown prince of Hastinapur, the ultimate betrayer, Saanvi's ex-Potential fiancée was sitting in his office.
Calm.
Content.
Composed.

"How dare that man not feel even an ounce of what Saanvi is going through!"- said a little voice inside Saanvi's head.
"That is the beauty of my Yudhisthir! A full-blown storm inside, but serene on the outside."- said another little voice.
"No Saanvi! Snap out of it! Do what you came to do."- the first voice won.

Saanvi walked straight to him and tapped on his shoulder.
Yudhisthir looked up.
For a moment, Saanvi could see those thousands of emotions swirling in his eyes. But the very next moment, they disappeared as if an illusion.
The actor in him was back in the role.

"Did you have something to discuss lady Saanvi?"

"Yes. My majesty prince Yudhisthir! Can a damsel in distress such as me, find justice in your court?"- Saanvi went a bit over in her role.

"What happened Lady?"

"You see your highness, I have been betrayed. By my ex-lover."
Yudhisthir flinched.

"He promised me marriage and took my advantage. And now he has married someone else. Whatever shall I do?"

Yudhisthir looked at Saanvi.
"What do you want me to do to him?"

"I just want to know why? Why did he do that?"

"May be there were some situations he could not escape from and has done such a thing due to some grave reason.
But his heart still belongs to you and you only."- Yudhisthir looked deep into her eyes.

Saanvi nodded quietly and averted her eyes.
"I am ready to forgive him, if he gives me something in return."- she said.

"Anything. He can give you anything. Even his life."- Yudhisthir replied.

Saanvi walked to the lamps placed near his desk, picked one of them and placed it in front of Yudhisthir.

"I want a promise Yudhisthir.
With the god of fire as the witness, I want you to promise me that from this moment onwards, you will forget that I ever existed in your life. I want you to promise that you will mend your heart and give it to Draupadi. I want you to promise to give Draupadi all of her rights as your wife. I want you to be happy with her. I want you to love her Yudhisthir."

Yudhisthir stood stunned.
"Give me what I want Yudhisthir."-Saanvi forced.

"If that is the only way."- Said Yudhisthir.
Slowly, he placed his palm over the flame of the lamp.
"I give you my promise."- and a lone tear streaked its way down Yudhisthir's cheek.

Saanvi turned away from Yudhisthir. Tears running through her face.
She briskly walked away.